Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

struggling with this-link to my sleepyhead date
Question 
struggling with this-link to my sleepyhead date
I started my cpap therapy 1/19/17.  I've have gone two nights without using it at all. One was from exhaustion, and the second because I spent the night on the couch with my granddaughter.  I've am on my 4th mask.  I've tried the Nuance, pico, amara view without luck or with pain.  I've been using the dreamwear and two nights of the wisp.  I'm have better comfort with increase humidity.  But, I'm still not sold.  Frankly, I'm so picky, I will likely changes masks every few nights just to switch it up.  Kinda of like a new outfit. 

I'm so tired, still have a hour to three a night I'm awake or can't stay asleep.  I know I have developed poorer sleep habits the last few years as this has likely become more bothersome, but really need a bit of improvement. 

I've been working on understanding my Sleepyhead data, but still have a ways to go on that.  I'm not sure if I should be concerned on the clear airway events and really need to understand the relating between everything. My AHI is getting better, but would love some insights. 

http://imgur.com/a/w9s5L

Thanks so much! Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: struggling with this-link to my sleepyhead date
Most of the events appear to be occurring while you are restless, This includes most of your CA and OA events.
This leaves Hypopnea and snores.
Your biggest issue seams to be comfort so I'll ask you to be specific.
What do you mean by "I've tried the Nuance, pico, amara view without luck or with pain", what kind of pain, where and what from. Luck? what were the issues?

It is good that you are trying multiple masks.

Are you a mouth breather? What specifically are you experiencing with the pillows, and specifically which pillow,which size, etc., and all the way to FFM, again which mask, size and what issues were you having with yhem.

I know it seems like asking a lot but it will help us help you tweak your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate your help and whatever it takes to make this work. A few questions are easy compared to the sleepless nights.

I'm not a known mouth breather and didn't have that identified at my titration study with a nasal mask and my husband has never noticed this happening. I do have seasonal allergies. I have asthma. I also broke my nose as a child and anything near the bridge of my nose is not happening, because it becomes very tender. I wear my glasses about 5 minutes day before bed, and that I can hardly stand.

I used the pico mask with medium pillow fitted by the RT for my one and only night. This left my face sore for 3 days from the pressure points along the nose and forehead. I used the Nuance second night with medium pillows, but also fitted/tried the small and large. The was difficult mostly because my face was so sore from the Pico. I ordered the dreamwear myself and used that the 3rd night on. I did try the Nuance again, but my nose was so tender, the pressure was uncomfortable. The dreamwear left me with lots of noticeable leaking with any cushion size and high AHI. I had the amara view on for a few hours, the pressure from this irritated my asthma feeling like I was in a car with my head out the window unable get a deep breathe and was not natural with the mouth air flow. Lastly, I tried the Wisp. It was fine on, the next morning my sinus's were uncomfortable. I increased my humidity from 3-5 and that helped, but the bride of my nose was a bit sore.....with the small/med mask. The large mask sits to high up on my bridge to keep on, and I'm on the edge of the fit guide for the sm/med. I tried the airfit N10 during my sleep study and it was fine, but the tech said she didn't think it was the fit for me, unknown cushion size.

My little cpap mask journal--Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps you might see if a CPAP mask liner might help provide more cushion and reduce irritation.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy looks pretty good, even leak rate from the chart posted. It looks like you could stand to increase maximum pressure to about 12, but mostly good. As far as masks go, quit messing around and get the Resmed Airfit P10 pillows mask. You're leak rate shows you can deal with nasal therapy, and this is the quietest and most minimal mask you can wear. Also get a hose cover. A fleece cover makes an amazing difference in comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2017, 10:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Therapy looks pretty good, even leak rate from the chart posted.  It looks like you could stand to increase maximum pressure to about 12, but mostly good.  As far as masks go, quit messing around and get the Resmed Airfit P10 pillows mask.  You're leak rate shows you can deal with nasal therapy, and this is the quietest and most minimal mask you can wear.  Also get a hose cover.  A fleece cover makes an amazing difference in comfort.

Sleeprider educate me.  What does the hose cover do and how does it improve comfort?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour, so much of what we try to do is just get comfortable and have a good night sleep. A soft cover makes the corrugated hose soft and warn to the touch. It disappears into the background of bedding. It quiets air noise and any movement over furniture and bedding, and may prevent condensation.

I have always used a hose cover, and when my wife started CPAP recently I bought a hose cover before the CPAP was delivered from the DME. It's all about comfort, and I just don't like the feel of plastic on my face.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I understand.
I'm very fortunate in that I don't have those comfort issues and your response help p s me understand.

A main thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 64 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 270 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 223 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 906 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.