Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

suddenly I am seeing CSR on new ResMed 10
RE: suddenly I am seeing CSR on new ResMed 10
First drop the AHI chart so we can see the Flow Limit chart since you have rising pressure and I believe that flow limits are driving it.
In OSCAR you cna click " View / Reset Graphics / Standard " to do this
A 10 minute zoom at the end of the night. I'll guess that may show wake breathing and breath-holding, something we frequently do while awake. Let's see to be sure.
A 10 minute zoom of other Periodic Breathing (CSR as ResMed calls it.) I am sure this is NOT CSR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Gideon, I think I have attached the flow limit Oscar charts that you asked for.
Thanks very much for the rapid responses.

Another related question.
I usually see a sharply rising AHI the last 2 hours before I wake up. This was true in both the Philips and the new Resmed 10.
Is there a setting that might help with this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Rising AHI in the last 2 hours --- It depends on what is causing it. I rarely, nearly never look at the AHI chart. I do look at the events and see that many are clustered near the end of the night. To analyze this I need to see the individual waveform data and thus the 10 minute view request you provided a 2 hr 27 minute and 54 second view of the end of night cluster. The one around 9:15 is 36 minutes and 43 seconds. (see the duration on the top left of the flow rate chart.)

Also your machine, or any CPAP, APAP, BiLevel without Backup (Timed breathing) cannot TREAT central apnea, with careful manipulation of settings it may be able to avoid it, depending on cause. This is the reason for setting your EPR =0/off. By taking this action we have made your obstructive apnea a bit worse.

By any chance did you change beds? or Pillows? If so, what was the change? You didn't move to a higher altitude did you?

Read the Organize charts link in my signature, it talks about taking zoomed images.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon,
I am on a plane now heading to Seattle. Will responds with more info tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've no intention of hi-jacking this thread/discussion, but I also have a similar issue.
My wife began therapy on Sept 30 with Resmed Airsense 11 in Autoset mode. She has had echo and stress tests done in late September.

From Sept 30 to Nov 5, there were no reported CSRs (duration =0%). However on Nov 6 there were 2.7%, followed by 9.3%, followed by 20.2% over the three day span. There were no alterations in sleep position (semi-prone in recliner). Since Nov 8 there have been no CSRs.

The only deviation from normality during that 3 day period was that she experienced 4 or 5 episodes of paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation that lasted at least 20 minutes.
The Afib that she observed all occurred within a hour or so of awakening. Some are associated with substernal pain, some are just a "feeling" of dysrhythmia, but we suspect that she may also have Afib episodes during sleep.

I am not suggesting a cause and effect, just making an observation that might be pertinent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not updated this post because I travelled from NY to Seattle and have had challenges changing times zones and dates.

ResMed will not allow me to change time zones in machine.
I had to go to myair.resmed.com to do this.
ResMed 10 then decided that today was Dec 17, 2021. Makes for problems in myair app and for Oscar.

Can't change date in ResMed back to Nov 16 because it wrote Dec to the SD card.
Only way to fix this was to erase all data. Then I could correct date in ResMed.

Stupid software.
I will try to update thread with new Oscar data tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd also like to hear if you have any thoughts about my observation of a possible connection between Afib and CSR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dataq1,
I think that you are more likely to get a good answer on csr + AFib if you start a new thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could someone point me to a post that shows how to differentiate true CSR and what is reported to be CSR using a ResMed S10 and Oscar?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
First, as you have alluded to, ResMed calls ALL periodic breathing CSR and it confuses a lot.

Following is a generic discussion.

For this answer there are 2 categories of periodic breathing, those that look like CSR and those that don't.

It is extremely, repeat extremely unusual to have CHF and not be aware of having cardio pulmonary issues. CHF is heavily associated with CSR. But it is more of a one way street. If you have CHF it is fairly common to have CSR. If you are showing a CSR like pattern it does not imply having heart issues.
CSR is a regular waxing and waning pattern frequently with central apnea at the nadir, low point. The other key parameter is duration. If memory serves correctly about 45 minute with several episodes per night. It is fairy common to have shorter episodes and not be CSR. I put something on this onto the WIKI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,819 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 291 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 522 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 423 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Suddenly can't use CPAP after years of effortless use Gugliano 13 1,178 06-10-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] AHI suddenly rising and feeling tired calferreira 1 397 06-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: calferreira
  Suddenly getting large leaks Zach21 4 590 03-04-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Zach21

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.