Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

suggestions please
RE: suggestions please
Has he tried using a nasal mask, I use one myself with a chin strap and heated hose and have never attempted to pull it off while sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2012, 02:57 PM)Allen Wrote: Has he tried using a nasal mask, I use one myself with a chin strap and heated hose and have never attempted to pull it off while sleeping.

Not yet, this is just his second one...First was the pillow and now the full. He can get a new one every 30 days until he finds one he likes. I didn't go with him but he said they wanted him to try this since he breaths through his mouth. He has also had a chin strap with his pillow mask, I can't say for certain if he does with this one but I am pretty sure he does. If this one doesn't work out I will suggest the nasal mask. What kind do you have?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi newbie wife and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Your husband could put his mask on and use his machine when he is up, watching tv so that he can get used to it when he sleeps.
another thing to consider, has he tried a nasal mask, and chinstrap, instead of a full-face mask, the FFMs are very proned to leaks and he might have an easier time of it if he tries a nasal mask.
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy and can take LOTS of PATIENCE.
He is VERY lucky to have you as support.
Best of luck to both of you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Does he have to wait the 30 days or is it he can have up to 30 days before trading it in? As in can he trade it for another in two weeks? It would make more sense that way rather than forcing a user to use an incorrect mask for 30 days. Their game is to promote compliance.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
He has not tried a nasal mask yet, I suggested that after having read this forum ALOT when he was having issues with the pillows. He came home with a full because he said that felt most comfortable at the DME. He does not have to wait the 30 days to get another one, he can exchange when he wants until he finds one he likes and a 30 day trial starts over when he gets one.....so he can wear it for 2 days or 30 and still exchange it.

I have suggested wearing it for a while sitting up in the living room watching TV but he isn't doing that part yet....have to pick and choose my battles and that's not one I have chosen yet!
Post Reply Post Reply
mask fit is very personal and what works for me ... not necessarily accurate for someone else
one need to wear the mask to determine if it,ll work or not

I've not being successful using full face mask but there others who are

mask liner might help. you can make your own to see if it helps
there are ready made mask liners ...
Remzzzzs...disposable one
Padacheek ... can be reused and washed

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2012, 05:30 PM)zonk Wrote: mask fit is very personal and what works for me ... not necessarily accurate for someone else
one need to wear the mask to determine if it,ll work or not

I've not being successful using full face mask but there others who are

mask liner might help. you can make your own to see if it helps
there are ready made mask liners ...
Remzzzzs...disposable one
Padacheek ... can be reused and washed

Thanks, I have a padacheek ordered for him (yesterday) think I may make one or have my mother who is pretty good with that sort of stuff rig one up until it gets here. He didn't complain about the full face mask like he did about the pillows right off the bat so I have hope.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,921 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 247 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 303 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Chin Strap Suggestions Jose Castro 9 819 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.