Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sunlight titration thread
Question 
sunlight titration thread
Hello!

I'm a guy in my 30's who completed a sleep study last year and was diagnosed with OSA. I was given a Sefam S.Box that I really don't get along with but have persisted in using because it has helped tremendously. I have no idea how it's set up as I'm locked out of the clinician's menus. From what I can tell it seems to default to 4cm and sometimes ramps up to 14cm, possibly more.

I was supposed to have a follow-up appointment a month after starting the treatment in order to calibrate the machine and see how things were going. That was well over 6 months ago and it seems my local hospital is too swamped to follow-up. Even getting a call back to talk to a nurse can take weeks. If I could sit down with a doctor I'd tell them the machine often gives me headaches when it blasts really high and wakes me up, along with stomach aches (I have no idea how this could happen).

My main concerns are I still often feel tired, though not as bad as prior to treatment and that the machine is very loud and I don't like that it affects my partner's sleep.

Without being able to get much ongoing support, I've decided to take my therapy into my own hands and ordered a Resmed Airsense 10 and Wellue Checkme O2 Max with the intention to capture and interpret sleep data using OSCAR, and then use this to calibrate the CPAP machine to improve my treatment.

I'm attaching some results from my sleep study (prior to treatment) in the hopes someone could advise me on initial settings for the Airsense 10. Any general advice would also be appreciated!

TL;DR
CPAP noob needs help with initial settings for AS10 based on attached sleep study.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 initial values advice
Welcome to the forum.

The following are only starter values, I expect them to need adjustment.

The only way to know what settings you need is to adjust them. Please post OSCAR daily charts after your first night

First perform a factory reset on a used device to ensure all settings are on the default setting.

Mode: Auto
Min Pressure=7
Max pressure=20
EPR=3, Fulltime, NOT Ramp Only
Ramp= off

That's it.

Download OSCAR (link at the top of this page in the banner and make sure an SD card is installed on the AutoSet during use. Wait a minute or so to let the AutoSet complete the loading of data. No SD card while in use means no data is recorded.

Read the SD card with OSCAR, click on the Daily tab and use F12 to take the screenshot.

As I said earlier expect to need changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 02:06 PM)Gideon Wrote: The following are only starter values, I expect them to need adjustment.

The only way to know what settings you need is to adjust them. Please post OSCAR daily charts after your first night

First perform a factory reset on a used device to ensure all settings are on the default setting.

Mode: Auto
Min Pressure=7
Max pressure=20
EPR=3, Fulltime, NOT Ramp Only
Ramp= off

That's it.

Download OSCAR (link at the top of this page in the banner and make sure an SD card is installed on the AutoSet during use.  Wait a minute or so to let the AutoSet complete the loading of data.  No SD card while in use means no data is recorded.

Read the SD card with OSCAR, click on the Daily tab and use F12 to take the screenshot.

As I said earlier expect to need changes.

Thanks for those initial settings suggestions and other tips, they're most appreciated! I'll definitely come back to the thread with my first report from OSCAR.

> First perform a factory reset on a used device to ensure all settings are on the default setting.
I undestand why you might think the device is second hand given the AS11 has been around for a while now. Unfortantely the new model still hasn't been launched over here in the UK and given the potential warranty trouble a grey import might give me opted instead to but a new AS10 direct from Resmed UK with a 2 year warranty. There didn't seem to be a lot of difference between the two models from what I could see.

> Download OSCAR (link at the top of this page in the banner and make sure an SD card is installed on the AutoSet during use.  Wait a minute or so to let the AutoSet complete the loading of data.  No SD card while in use means no data is recorded.
Good to know. I'm a software developer by trade and tinkerer by night so already thinking about ways I could optimise and automate the workflow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am always looking for developers that would like to contribute to OSCAR,
Post Reply Post Reply
hi sunlight.

I am also due to receive an Airsense 10 this week (UK based) and made the decision to avoid the Sefam S.Box for the same reasons you bought the Arisense 10.

This thread is really useful as I was wanting to find out what sort of settings I should kick off with. I will drop out of the thread now so you can discuss results with Gideon, but if you fancy a chat on zoom sometime with a fellow UK software dev with sleep apnea, let me know with a PM.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 07:25 PM)Gideon Wrote: I am always looking for developers that would like to contribute to OSCAR,
The lion's share of the codebase appears to be C++ which I unfortunately no experience with. It's possible I might be able to help out with scripting for data ingest or something once I've had a chance to get familiar with the user workflows.

(03-14-2023, 03:21 AM)stanleyjack Wrote: hi sunlight.

I am also due to receive an Airsense 10 this week (UK based) and made the decision to avoid the Sefam S.Box for the same reasons you bought the Arisense 10.

This thread is really useful as I was wanting to find out what sort of settings I should kick off with. I will drop out of the thread now so you can discuss results with Gideon, but if you fancy a chat on zoom sometime with a fellow UK software dev with sleep apnea, let me know with a PM.
Hi stanleyjack, Good to hear there are others on the same journey on this side of the pond! I'm not sure whether the settings provided by Gideon were generic defaults or based on the numbers from my sleep study. I'd suggest double-checking to make sure you get off to a good start with your new device.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, we are currently in the design phase on OSCAR 2.0 which will include a rewrite of most of the code. The language has not been decided yet.
PM me if either of you are interested.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS10 was delivered and has a manufacturing date in early Feb 2023 so it seems these machines are still being produced. It has a 4G modem and an SD card pre-installed. My unit has the following SW versions:
Device: SX567-0401
Humidifer: SX556-0204
Modem: SX558-0615

I'm not sure what the CX number is but given its length assume it might be unique to my machine.

Will report back once I have it set up and have some data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sharing my first night with the AS10. I had trouble dropping off and woke up a few times. Didn't feel like good quality sleep. Possibly just getting used to the different sensation of the new machine and slight new plastic smell, etc.

My main takeaway from the data is that I might need to adjust my mask? There appear to be some leaks occuring throughout the night.

Post Reply Post Reply
Second night with the AS10. Refitted mask which greatly reduced the leak rate. Still getting used to the feeling of EPR but fell asleep a bit easier than the first night.

Interestingly the oximeter recorded 42s <90% on the second night versus 16s <90% on the first. Going to keep an eye on that.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,689 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,148 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 588 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,382 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 157 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.