Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question About Swift FX Nasal Pillows
RE: Question About Swift FX Nasal Pillows
Honestly, the only complaint anyone has about the P10 is the headgear. I like it more than the FX headgear, and it is minimal and light, but the complaint about adjustment is a constant whine here, and probably rightfully so. No one ever complains about it being too loose, so maybe it should be produced slightly bigger.

It is actually pretty clever, but the range of adjustment might not be optimal. I just give it a good stretch just before putting it on. If it tightens up later, I am probably already asleep.

My sincere hope is that the P10 or whatever succeeds it addresses this common complaint. They could include in the kit a second, larger headstrap and instructions without a significant cost increase, or they could offer the P10L. (hint hint)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 02:24 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: Honestly, the only complaint anyone has about the P10 is the headgear. I like it more than the FX headgear, and it is minimal and light, but the complaint about adjustment is a constant whine here, and probably rightfully so. No one ever complains about it being too loose, so maybe it should be produced slightly bigger.

It is actually pretty clever, but the range of adjustment might not be optimal. I just give it a good stretch just before putting it on. If it tightens up later, I am probably already asleep.

My sincere hope is that the P10 or whatever succeeds it addresses this common complaint. They could include in the kit a second, larger headstrap and instructions without a significant cost increase, or they could offer the P10L. (hint hint)

noooo... not bigger Big Grin or make the blue one bigger and leave the lavendar one alone. I have to anchor mine with my hair, else it is too big Tongue
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I wear a 7-5/8 to 7-3/4 inch hat and a 2X or XXL helmet. I can barely fasten the straps on an adjustable ball cap. I was afraid the P10 wouldn't fit me comfortably, but it does, with the straps split one on the back of my head and one on the top (thanks, AshSF!). The strap is incredibly stretchy. It leaves no marks on my cheeks, nor does it put pressure on my nose.

I titrated with the Swift FX, which IIRC, is about twice the weight of the P10 (neither are that heavy). It has a very forceful exhaust jet that hit my arm and could certainly reach across the bed to my wife. Didn't bother me because I sleep under a ceiling fan, but that forceful exhaust is a bit louder. The P10's exhaust is well diffused. I can feel just a very gentle breeze on my arm hairs.

I am VERY happy the P10 worked out for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.