Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

switch machines?
switch machines?
OK - have not heard this discussed anywhere on the board - and kind of a last ditch effort to try and figure out if the machine is doing anything for my wife at night (she has had it for 3-months) - not feeling any benefit from it - unfortunately, she she stuck with the resmed S9 Escape - so they is may to get ANY info from the brick to show us if it working at all.

I have an S9 Autoset - so my question is - can I put in a different memory card into my machine - go into the clinic set-up, and set up mine with the set CPAP pressure she has on her machine, and let her use mine for a couple of night - just so we can look at her graphs, and see what is going on?

when the "test" is all done - I could go in and reset the machine to factory setting, and then set-the machine back up with all my info - put my card back in - and all should be going good again

Does anyone see any flaws in my thinking with this whole process? or do you have any other suggestion on how to check and see what is going on with treatment for a couple of night.

Getting her an S9 autoset is not an option, she had the machine for over a month - so she is stuck with it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: switch machines?
(06-26-2012, 05:50 PM)w7sot Wrote: I have an S9 Autoset - so my question is - can I put in a different memory card into my machine - go into the clinic set-up, and set up mine with the set CPAP pressure she has on her machine, and let her use mine for a couple of night - just so we can look at her graphs, and see what is going on?
when the "test" is all done - I could go in and reset the machine to factory setting, and then set-the machine back up with all my info - put my card back in - and all should be going good again
Does anyone see any flaws in my thinking with this whole process? or do you have any other suggestion on how to check and see what is going on with treatment for a couple of night.
Getting her an S9 autoset is not an option, she had the machine for over a month - so she is stuck with it now.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't do what you suggest.

If you use SleepyHead you can set up a different account for her so her data will not impact your data in SleepyHead.

You might try checking with Supplier #2 for an Autoset for her. They will take trade-ins, so it might not cost as much as you think to get her an Autoset. There is also Craigslist, my favorite place to buy stuff locally.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2012, 05:50 PM)w7sot Wrote: I have an S9 Autoset - so my question is - can I put in a different memory card into my machine - go into the clinic set-up, and set up mine with the set CPAP pressure she has on her machine, and let her use mine for a couple of night - just so we can look at her graphs, and see what is going on?

I use a PRS1, not a ResMed, but I don't see why this shouldn't work. Zonk would know for sure.

In SleepyHead you just create a new profile for her.

Quote:when the "test" is all done - I could go in and reset the machine to factory setting, and then set-the machine back up with all my info - put my card back in - and all should be going good again.

With PRS1 machines and SleepyHead this works just fine. I have used two different machines with the same card, and SleepyHead handles it just fine. So, when you put the card back in your machine, and load the new data into your SleepyHead profile, it should just pick up where you left off. It'll show you as noncompliant, of course, for those few days that your wife was using your machine, but I would think that wouldn't mess up any of your averages. With SleepyHead being a beta, you'll just have to find out the hard way. Smile
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds brilliant to me. Also, is your wife getting good, quality sleep? As tiring as it is, a review and practice of basic sleep hygiene may help. CPAP cannot work without good sleep. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, you could do this. Be sure it dosn,'t influence any compliance issues that you may have, similar to her compliance issue. If none..go for it.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2012, 09:34 AM)zimlich Wrote: Sounds brilliant to me. Also, is your wife getting good, quality sleep? As tiring as it is, a review and practice of basic sleep hygiene may help. CPAP cannot work without good sleep. Good luck.

She is going to bed - and going right to sleep, but she still wakes up a lot during the night - and still issues at time - and she is not feeling on bit better than she did without the CPAP, that is why are going through all the changing and switching just to see what she is doing during the night.
(06-27-2012, 12:04 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Sure, you could do this. Be sure it dosn,'t influence any compliance issues that you may have, similar to her compliance issue. If none..go for it.

At this point - I don't think it will make any different we got her issues fixed, although nobody is going to admit it - they went ot put in the 81%, and accidently put in 61%.

She would my machine, and I would use hers for the night - so both machines will be getting used - so as far as compliance, all should be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't reset anything. Just change the pressure. You're the only one who is going to be looking at the data.

If you wear hers when she's wearing yours, it will show compliance hours, which is all hers shows anyway.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,072 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 299 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.