Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

switched from Dreamstation to aircurve 10 VAUTO...settings aren't working
switched from Dreamstation to aircurve 10 VAUTO...settings aren't working
Hi folks,
I purchased the Aircurve back in Sept...used it for a few weeks and then went back to the dreamstation as I just couldn't find the good sleep I had on the DS. I have some OSCAR data but am unsure what files I need to upload...please let me know and I hope the gurus here can help.
Thanks,
David
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: switched from Dreamstation to aircurve 10 VAUTO...settings aren't working
The charts needed are in my signature on organizing charts. It also tells you about OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks,

I'm trying to switch from the Dreamstation Bipap to the Aircurve 10 Vauto due to the foam issue...I tried in Sept but could not get it right...During the ramp phase (I do this since I get into bed with an ipad for about 30 min) it was not as comfortable as the DS...I felt that normal breathing was harder on the Aircurve and I had to make the mask extremely tight vs the DS. Also I never really felt great the next day...always felt as if I was in another dimension and rarely in a positive mood.

The settings that work perfectly on my Dreamstation are:

AutoB
Ipap 25
Epap 4
PS 2-8
Flex 2
Ramp 30

Please see the screenshots of OSCAR for a few nights back in Sept and lend me your thoughts...
Thanks in advance,
David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would think you're going to need pressures other than default wide open like 4-25 on the ResMed, even much more on Philips since they are slow responders. The therapy on VAuto seems ok but could always have more consistent leaks control.

Ramp shouldn't be necessary with low starting pressures. Trying to lock a Ramp of 4 for 20 minutes costs you that same 20 minutes of minimal therapy every time you start therapy on ResMed. There's no dedicated Ramp button here.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What were your settings on the Dreamstation CPAP? My impression of your therapy on the Vauto is that your you need settings of EPAP min 8.0, IPAP max 14.0 and PS 3. This will stabilize pressure, prevent more events and allow less disrupted sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The dream station was a Bipap version and the settings were:

AutoB
Ipap 25
Epap 4
PS 2-8
Flex 2
Ramp 30

The epap min of 8 would be too high to be comfortable with as I try to fall asleep.

Based on the Oscar data are you seeing any red flags/issues? As mentioned in my original post I gave up on the Aircurve because I wasn't feeling good the next day..
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a chart of the Dreamstation you would consider typical? You were using variable pressure support, and a wide range of pressure. I'd like to try to compare events and pressure to see what is there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, attached are 3 recent nights with the Dreamstation

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI and event rate is noticeably lower on the Resmed Vauto, but pressures are considerably higher. It is hard to imagine that AHI ranging from 6.8 to 11.2 is more restful than 06 to 3.3! Your 95% pressure on the Philips examples posted never exceed 9.2 cm-H2O, while with the Resmed, the 95% IPAP pressure is 11.5 to 15.2. Pressure support rarely gets above 3 on the Philips and is frequently near 2-cm. I can only speculate on why you find therapy on the Resmed more disruptive to sleep in spite of fewer events, but it seems logical that lower pressure is going to help. Based on what I'm seeing on these charts and inferring what you find more comfortable, I think setting lower pressure and accepting a higher event rate might work on the Resmed. If you want to give this a try, let's set EPAP min at 4.0, IPAP max pressure at 9.0 and PS 2.4. All we can do is try this and get your input. Try to relate what you find disruptive and we can work on small changes to hopefully improve it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good...I'll try that. Do I need to do anything with the other settings on the aircurve e.g. trigger sensitivity
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 90 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 964 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 669 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 138 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,326 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 211 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.