Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

switching to Resmed Airsense interpretation appreciated
switching to Resmed Airsense interpretation appreciated
I just switched from a PR system 1 to a resmed airsense 10 (I may have to return it because of insurance misinformation). I have 3 nights in and I would greatly appreciate some in put.

Typical night with PR system 1
9.5 to 11.5 pressure range Flex level X2. Many Reras and snores

[Image: QfR0RD3l.png]

Night 1 with Airsense
 9 to 13 air range. The pressure was at  the max of 13 the whole night  with many leaks. Respiratory rate was higher then normal and my tidal volume was much lower. The EPR was at 1 and I felt like I was struggling for a natural breathing pattern

[Image: GiBTPnUl.png]

Night 2 with Airsense
Same settings but increased humidity which resulted in huge condensation problems which accounts for the 2 stoppages. I tightened the mask which reduced the leakage but still higher then normal. Results were better but i still struggled for a natural breathing pattern and the pressure is still at the limit. Repiratory rate was still high and tidal volume was even lower.

[Image: 7itB8zbl.png]

Night 3 with airsense
I changed the pressure to 11 to 15, increased the EPR to 3, tightened up my mask even more and reduced the humidity. RDI was lower then previous nights. Respiratory rate was about normal for me. The tidal volume was higher but still a bit lower then normal. My breathing felt more natural and leaks were better. 95% pressure was at 14.58

[Image: 9QMJ41Fl.png]

Questions
Do I go higher on the pressure yet? On the PR system one I was about 11 and now I may go to above 15. It seems like a drastic difference even though the results are similar between the 2 machines. The Airsense did get rid of the reras unlike the PR.

The PR did not have the flow limit graph. Can I get feed back on that. I do not have a reference for what is good or bad. If it helps, I have been an asthmatic all my life with year round allergies. I may be borderline COPD.

Any input or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: switching to Resmed Airsense interpretation
Well that looks pretty good!  Why did you switch?

Edit: I've just come back to this thread and saw that you added a whole bunch of stuff after I replied. I shouldn't have jumped in so fast.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: switching to Resmed Airsense interpretation appreciated
My yearly deductibles were met. The insurance company(Humana) said I could get a new one free but I found out that I could only rent it. I specifically asked their supervisor about this and all I got was misinformation from them. I will probably return it. I could buy it cheaper on my own.

Input on pressures and flow limitations still appreciated.
Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow limitations are driving the higher pressures on the Air Sense. If I had to guess it's the Air Sense does a better job of picking up flow limitations and maybe better at picking up events. Maybe the PRS1 isn't picking up the flow limitations and events as well. It is an older machine and the new machines are getting better.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'll increase the pressure to 16 because 95% of the time I was at 14.58. Any comments would be appreciate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2017, 06:45 PM)car54 Wrote: I think I'll increase the pressure to 16 because 95% of the time I was at 14.58. Any comments would be appreciate.

Correction: 95% of the time you were at or below 14.58 cm pressure.  You're fine.  Sleepyhead can also report the 90th percentile pressure (at or below 90% of the time).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep u r correct!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2017, 09:00 AM)car54 Wrote: My yearly deductibles were met. The insurance company(Humana) said I could get a new one free but I found out that I could only rent it. I specifically asked their supervisor about this and all I got was misinformation from them. I will probably return it. I could buy it cheaper on my own.

Input on pressures and flow limitations still appreciated.
Car54

FYI, you can get a DreamStation brand new for about $400 from that online bookstore named after a river that's taking over retail...
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my latest night results. I changed the pressure to 12 min-16 max. Just 1 rera. My respiratory rate and tidal volume are normal. I am still a bit concerned about the flow limit graph. I don't know if it is okay because my PR system one never had that graph. As I said, I have life long asthma and allergies and I am probably borderline COPD. I agree with Walla Walla about the higher pressures are driven by the flow limitations. This is new to me because my system one rarely went above 11 and now I max out at 15 (which I am not used to).

[Image: d4rk4mhl.png]

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks good. I don't think you'd gain anything by going higher. It only hit 16cm for a second.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 374 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,665 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 149 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.