Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

tested wife last night, AHI of 6.39 should I be worried?
tested wife last night, AHI of 6.39 should I be worried?
wife

AHI 6.39
min o2 %84
avg o2 %92

me
AHI 82.34
min o2 %47
avg o2 %86

so would one say the wife has mild apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: tested wife last night, AHI of 6.39 should I be worried?
(03-20-2014, 07:56 PM)space45 Wrote: wife

AHI 6.39
min o2 %84
avg o2 %92

me
AHI 82.34
min o2 %47
avg o2 %86

no I wouldn't say that your wife has mild apnea. There is a whole lot that goes into making that diagnosis. You don't mention pressure, leaks, etc. etc. and personally, at least for me, I wouldn't be putting someone on a machine without a diagnosis of SA. YMMV

Your AHI is too high if it is 82.34 and your 02 is way too low on the min % how long was your min that low?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your wife's O2 is a bit low.

Your numbers are urgent. You need a machine now -- and perhaps an O2 concentrator to induce O2 into your xPAP stream.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
wow..de saturating to 47 percent is serious stuff. I am way more worried about you than your wife's stats.
Post Reply Post Reply
I uploaded some reports to this thread

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hine-today

will need to scroll down
Post Reply Post Reply
You should not be WORRIED but you should get her fully diagnosed.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
To get those AHI results you are using an iffy device. I'd not be basing a diagnosis nor a fear ratio on that. Unless that device has a mask that goes over the nose vs cannulas, don't fret about it. There is no way that device can guarantee an event happened. Does it also include a chest belt?

The O2 saturation I assume was done with a finger probe? That then would be more accurate.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the local guys test me and they said I had extremely extreme, the worst they had seen. my little tester has a air sampler from the nose, and the finger probe for o2 and hart rate. the pro one the locales sleep center had was only finger probe.

my little tester looks to be not a bad little unit

it will also come in handy when I get my vpap machine and help me tune it up. will give me a good idea of my o2 levels throughout the night and what my hart is doing

(03-20-2014, 10:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: To get those AHI results you are using an iffy device. I'd not be basing a diagnosis nor a fear ratio on that. Unless that device has a mask that goes over the nose vs cannulas, don't fret about it. There is no way that device can guarantee an event happened. Does it also include a chest belt?

The O2 saturation I assume was done with a finger probe? That then would be more accurate.

Post Reply Post Reply

AHI 6.39
min o2 %84
avg o2 %92

me
AHI 82.34
min o2 %47
avg o2 %86

How were these numbers obtained??? Are they from an official sleep test, including an official home sleep test?

And how symptomatic are you and your wife?
Post Reply Post Reply
both my wife and I have had testing at home done by a proper registered respiratory therapist. she was tested OK, put some nights I see her struggle for breath, breathing stopped and chest heaving as her body tries to breath. not all nights or all the time, not sure how much tho as I am also sleeping or trying to. does a one night test tell the whole story, can one have mild sleep apnea but have it be bad then it acts up? is a one night test enough?
I an extremely new to all this, so I ask. as for showing signs, I would say yes, she sleeps lots during the day, gets confused and easily distracted, tired allot. her o2 levels are good, but maybe she does not do the rem thing enough, she does dream some times, but then so do I with my bad numbers, but is it dreaming or the throws of my brain fighting death and me seeing it as a dream, who knows. lol
as for my wife she sure could be doing better, she lost most of her interest in life, things she liked before she is not so keen on now. I hate that, she needs to have interests and things to keep her thinking and a reason to get up in the morning. I wish I could help her more, but have no idea whats up, I have tried to talk to her but she also has no idea why, she know what I am saying but she is not sure why she lost interest. I have encouraged her to get out and do things and pursue what she like and wants to do. it was slow coming, now she just putters around home. hoped maybe I could find a reason and she would be happier again.

(03-21-2014, 02:12 AM)robysue Wrote:

AHI 6.39
min o2 %84
avg o2 %92

me
AHI 82.34
min o2 %47
avg o2 %86

How were these numbers obtained??? Are they from an official sleep test, including an official home sleep test?

And how symptomatic are you and your wife?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,179 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Jorgo
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 500 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,103 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Should I be worried? spaceodyssey 8 648 10-26-2023, 07:46 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 381 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.