Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

tested wife last night, AHI of 6.39 should I be worried?
RE: tested wife last night, AHI of 6.39 should I be worried?
(03-21-2014, 10:44 PM)space45 Wrote: as for my wife she sure could be doing better, she lost most of her interest in life, things she liked before she is not so keen on now. I hate that, she needs to have interests and things to keep her thinking and a reason to get up in the morning. I wish I could help her more, but have no idea whats up, I have tried to talk to her but she also has no idea why, she know what I am saying but she is not sure why she lost interest. I have encouraged her to get out and do things and pursue what she like and wants to do. it was slow coming, now she just putters around home. hoped maybe I could find a reason and she would be happier again.

Well now here we go Space... You're describing something that probably should be addressed by some pros. It sounds like good old depression setting in. That's a whole thing unto itself and can be super serious. So rather than worrying about whether or not at 6 something she should be on a cpap, I would very much encourage you to get her some professional counseling for depression.
Post Reply Post Reply
what makes you think we have not gone to the docs?
she is not depressed as far as the doc or I can see. she is not moping around the house not wanting to do things per say, she just finds it hard to find the energy, the focus and the attention to task at hand to get much of anything done so she get upset and frustrated, and yes some what bummed out. she is tired of the struggle and effort she has to put out to do things she wants to do, she gets caught in loops of going from one thing to another. there is talk of dementia of something of that nature.

had hoped that getting better sleep may help is all

(03-21-2014, 11:53 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 10:44 PM)space45 Wrote: as for my wife she sure could be doing better, she lost most of her interest in life, things she liked before she is not so keen on now. I hate that, she needs to have interests and things to keep her thinking and a reason to get up in the morning. I wish I could help her more, but have no idea whats up, I have tried to talk to her but she also has no idea why, she know what I am saying but she is not sure why she lost interest. I have encouraged her to get out and do things and pursue what she like and wants to do. it was slow coming, now she just putters around home. hoped maybe I could find a reason and she would be happier again.

Well now here we go Space... You're describing something that probably should be addressed by some pros. It sounds like good old depression setting in. That's a whole thing unto itself and can be super serious. So rather than worrying about whether or not at 6 something she should be on a cpap, I would very much encourage you to get her some professional counseling for depression.

Post Reply Post Reply
if your wife had sleep apnea, she wouldn't have it on some nights and not others. the symptoms you mention your wife having can be from depression and other medical conditions as well. If the docs say she isn't depressed, and a lot of times, a GP may not be the right doc to make that decision, then they need to try and find out what the problem is.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,066 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 496 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,100 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Should I be worried? spaceodyssey 8 648 10-26-2023, 07:46 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 379 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.