Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP Failures
CPAP Failures
Respironics PR System One REMstar Pro with C-Flex+
1. Autostart is intermittent. Sometimes starts with first breath. Other times with many breaths. Sometimes never.

2. Autostop never works. Can leave machine running with mask off forever.

Both the above are turned on in the menu.

3. Heated hose disconnects itself from the humidifier while sleeping. This has happened 3 times. I examined the connection carefully and it is always initially firmly locked in place as it should be, and it seems impossible that it could disconnect.
Yet it does.

Does anyone else have these problems? Solutions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Failures
How long have you had the machine? How long has the problem be there?

The obvious solution is to take it back to the DME and have it checked out.

I don't used Auto On/Off so I don't have any "self-help" suggestions for fixing these problems.

As for the hose problem---how taut does the hose get stretched when you roll as far away from the machine as you typically do during the night? Are you using a hose management system of some sort?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

As to auto on/off, I have never used these features on my present machine. Personally, I have found it to be just as easy to turn the machine on and off myself.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a new PRS 1 Bipap Auto SV DS 960 withe Heated hose humidifier.
I do use auto on but not auto off. Like you the auto on is random. Last night it took at least 6 breaths to turn it on, some night first breath does it.
I have no idea why.

With my heated hose it snaps into place. Plus I hang it over a handle on the head board. I have never had the hose pull out unintentionally on this or my previous S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2013, 10:38 AM)robysue Wrote: How long have you had the machine? How long has the problem be there?

The obvious solution is to take it back to the DME and have it checked out.

I don't used Auto On/Off so I don't have any "self-help" suggestions for fixing these problems.

As for the hose problem---how taut does the hose get stretched when you roll as far away from the machine as you typically do during the night? Are you using a hose management system of some sort?

I will ask them about the start/stop problems when I see them next. But I am not terribly hopeful because the last time I was there they said there is no such thing as auto start. Obviously wrong.

Regarding the hose, I have a Hose Buddy management system.
There is no force on the hose. But eve if there were, I have tried pulling on it and it is impossible to pull it loose without breaking it. I think the problem is the pressure from inside blows it off; perhaps when I breathe heavily or something like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi w8erd,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Autostop on PRS1 takes a minute or so. I forget the exact time.

Autostart may not work with full face mask, and maybe not with some nasal pillow masks. What specific mask do you have?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]
From the manual:
• Auto on - You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow on whenever the patient applies the interface (mask) to their airway.
• Auto off - You can enable or disable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow off whenever the patient removes the interface (mask) from their airway

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.