Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

thank you for this site!
thank you for this site!
So my ol lady complains that I have been snoring for quite awhile with my mask on, and I'm stubborn and refuse to go to the doctor, and for various reasons, but with this site I changed my settings from 11-13.... I'm not quite sure if this is a big change, but it worked, I do how ever plan on trying to ease it back down to my doctors recommended settings, but I do have severe nasal issues. And while I was snoring with the mask I found myself taking it off at night subconsciously and waking up without it.... last couple of days have been perfect! So thank you for having this information available, I tried doing my research before doing thisas I don't want to make myself any worse but also avoid going to the doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: thank you for this site!
Seebee82, welcome, my suggest is leave it, stay consistent if it is working for you
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try downloading Sleepyhead software. It is very enlightening to know what is actually going on with your treatment. It reduces the guesswork when you change your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well thank you! To you both! I may not adjust it then!? As far as the sleepyhead program, does it cost anything? I don't know what else I need to know (probably a lot ) but my machine tells me how long I've used it on a 1 day -90 day scale, and same with my a.h.i and mask leakage... but again it doesn't give recommended settings lol... and I may have stopped my snoring, but it does still say for the last couple of days my ahi as been 8 on sat and Sunday 11.... that still concerns me.. but besides snoring I would have no clue anything else was wrong.... I never really had any symptoms which is weird cause on my test I stopped 110 times an hour, I mean no fatigue or falling asleep or anything, besides once my head hit the pillow I was out! I have a cdl, I said something about snoring and the next thing you know.... I have a machine, which may be a good thing in the long run!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2013, 03:34 PM)seabee82 Wrote: Well thank you! To you both! I may not adjust it then!? As far as the sleepyhead program, does it cost anything? I don't know what else I need to know (probably a lot ) but my machine tells me how long I've used it on a 1 day -90 day scale, and same with my a.h.i and mask leakage... but again it doesn't give recommended settings lol... and I may have stopped my snoring, but it does still say for the last couple of days my ahi as been 8 on sat and Sunday 11.... that still concerns me.. but besides snoring I would have no clue anything else was wrong.... I never really had any symptoms which is weird cause on my test I stopped 110 times an hour, I mean no fatigue or falling asleep or anything, besides once my head hit the pillow I was out! I have a cdl, I said something about snoring and the next thing you know.... I have a machine, which may be a good thing in the long run!!!

sleepy head is free. if you need help with the link, let us know. Your AHI is higher than what is recommended (5). Leaks can be part of the problem. Sleepy head will help you see what is happening when you sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will definitely look into it tonight!!! Thank you!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2013, 03:52 PM)seabee82 Wrote: I will definitely look into it tonight!!! Thank you!!!!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...e/download
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI 5 or below considered normal. what machine and model do you have. SleepyHead is free and support DeVilbiss Intellipap machines
Dwonload link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi seabee82,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,796 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Vendor whose site tracks my eligibility for new supplies under Medicare? tfield98 7 823 11-01-2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Please look at this chart from a friend on another site: Phaleronic 2 651 09-15-2021, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed MyAir site may be offsetting dates for data Atsc3 4 1,517 07-12-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  A potential source of funding for the site Arik 3 1,203 03-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Problem Getting DreamMapper to Download SD Card Data from Mac OS to DreamMapper Site rr4terps 5 4,476 04-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: rr4terps
  New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ? Schweb 30 3,781 12-20-2017, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Apnea Infant

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.