Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

the event flag column
the event flag column
Hi there, I recently got the ResMed AirCurve 10 ST. I am using the Oscar software to read the data from my bipap machine. However, in the event flag column, the RE and CA bar are not showing in the graph report. How do I fix this problem? I was able to see those bars (Re and Ca) when I was using the ResMed cpap Airsense 10 machine which did not work too well for me. I already tried the bottom left selection bar to no avail. Please help.
Frank
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: the event flag column
The CA not showing may be as simple as you haven't had any CA events on this machine yet.
The Rera may be the same or it may be that the ST does not detect RERAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve ST does not report CA’s nor RERAS. Your CA’s will be reported as unclassified Apnoeas or Hypopnoeas. Post up some OSCAR charts so we can see how your doing. If you have mixed Apnoeas a Resmed ST is not the best machine for treating the CA’s you should really be on an ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour,
as it turns out, the Resmed Aircurve ST does not report CA  or RE.  Thank you for replying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,
I also think that I should be on an ASV, but I was told by my doctor that the ASV machine was too advance of a machine and that further sleep studies were needed before he could put me on an ASV machine.  I was originally prescribed a CPAP machine. However, I had to return the CPAP machine since it made my central apnea worst. I have both central and obstructive apnea. But mostly central apnea.
My first sleep study indicated that I had central sleep apnea; yet for some reason, I was prescribed a CPAP machine instead of an ASV machine. Waste of time and money if you ask me.
I actually had to fight with him to get the Resmed Aircurve ST machine. My doctor wanted to put me on a BPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine which would have been a mistake since I did not do too well in the second sleep study with that machine.
I wanted the ASV machine but was given the BPAP (Resmed Aircurve ST) with intermittent mandatory ventilation machine instead.
Here’s my sleep study report and OSCAR chart. Can you please help me make sense of all this data. Thank you.

more pages of sleep study report.

Attached Files
.pdf   IMG_20200403_0002.pdf (Size: 475.85 KB / Downloads: 11)
.pdf   IMG_20200403_0003.pdf (Size: 339.21 KB / Downloads: 9)
.pdf   IMG_20200403_0004.pdf (Size: 289.64 KB / Downloads: 9)
.pdf   IMG_20200403_0005.pdf (Size: 288.3 KB / Downloads: 10)
.pdf   IMG_20200403_0006.pdf (Size: 323.24 KB / Downloads: 9)
Post Reply Post Reply
My OSCAR chart.

More screenshots of my OSCAR report.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Holy crap. Find a new doctor, your current one is terrible. Standard protocol for complex apnea is to titrate for ASV. They were able to figure that out after my first sleep study revealed complex apnea when they tried me on both CPAP and BiPAP. I did need a second study to titrate for ASV, though.

What's your backup rate set to?

(As a footnote, ASV helped initially, but it still disrupted my sleep, so I've now moved to EERS with CPAP, which controls the central apneas. But most doctors don't know about it, and I seriously doubt yours would touch it with a 10-foot pole.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Go back to your Dr the ST is not working
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the Freudian slip that clothe1973 named it "aircurse". Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I will go back to my doctor before the damn machine gives me a heart attack. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  manual event logging for oscar capman 2 127 03-07-2024, 02:06 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 395 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Event type display MarkChap 8 909 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
  Event Logging - Pressure at Time of Event esleepie 2 547 05-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Last Post: esleepie
  User Flag 1 and 2 YouTakeMyBreathAway 5 547 02-06-2023, 11:18 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Respironics and disabling VS2 event spetzal 2 533 12-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: spetzal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.