Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

thepineman [therapy thread]
thepineman [therapy thread]
            New to the forum and had no idea where to post so sorry to all mods if it is in the wrong thread. I was just curious on how my therapy was looking and if there was any suggestions that anyone has.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: thepineman [therapy thread]
The first two days, the numbers look great, but no idea why your flow limation is comparatively higher on the 4th?

I would work on the mask leaks. Do they wake you up at all during the night? If so, hope you get the leaks worked out so you can sleep more soundly.

How do you feel? Do you feel like you are getting good rest? I have some fluctuations with pressure throughout the night as well, and it seems to wake me up when the machine responds to flow limitations by boosting the pressure. It's not a large boost in pressure, but seems like I'm sensitive enough to be woken up from certain amount of pressure boost.

In general, your chart looks great. Nothing to really wrong (except the leaks) unless you are sensitive to pressure fluctuations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board.  I agree your therapy is quite good..  Why are you not using EPR?  If it is not to control centrals I would suggest you change it to 2.  You do have some flow limits in all 3 nights with the 3rd one with large flow limits..  Flow limits are obstructive apnea - the same as the OA and H events only smaller and not timed.  You can see how apnea is classified in my signature.

EPR 2 will help you cut down on the flow limits.  Flow limits drive up pressure.  ResMed cpap increases pressures to stop the flow limits from becoming H or OA events.  They can disrupt sleep or even wake you up..  

Give it a try of a couple of days you can move it back if you find it is not helpful.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2021, 08:58 AM)CorruptAlligator Wrote: The first two days, the numbers look great, but no idea why your flow limation is comparatively higher on the 4th?  

I would work on the mask leaks.  Do they wake you up at all during the night?

How do you feel?  Do you feel like you are getting good rest? I have some fluctuations with pressure throughout the night as well, and it seems to wake me up when the machine responds to flow limitations by boosting the pressure.  
I am using the Large Resmed nasal pillow and using mouth tape.  I am using somnifix and it has a small slit right in the center of it which is there I think to prevent "blow outs" when your jaw relaxes and mouth tries to open.  I can not imagine that there is enough air flow that would go through that oval slit to register on the Resmed.  I think that it is possible that when I turn my head into the pillow while sleeping may break the seal.

The only leaks that wake me up is when the Somnifix tape fails during the night and a leak develops through the corner of the tape.  I have actually purchased 3M Transpore Surgical Tape and put strips on both sides of the Somifix and that has remedied the air pressure blow outs in the corners of my mouth.

I fall into a really deep sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.  I am using an Oura ring and also a Wellue O2 wrist sensor that has a rubber ring that registers your O2 levels throughout the night.  My R.E.M. is usually right around the 2 hour mark or just short of it most nights but I still don't feel really well rested.

(11-06-2021, 09:12 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Why are you not using EPR?  If it is not to control centrals I would suggest you change it to 2.  You do have some flow limits in all 3 nights with the 3rd one with large flow limits..
I turned off the EPR to help with centrals.  The only thing waking me up is mouth leaks do to tape failure. Last night I did try the medium sized pillow just to see if the Large sized pillow was too big.  The pillows really hurt my nostrils and so half way through the night I switched back to my Large. I think I will try turning the EPR to 1 and see how things look in a week.  I will keep you posted.
Thank you both for your feedback! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
@thepineman

I saw a youtube video of somebody adding a slit to their tape at the center and said it's in case the power goes out, and machine shuts off. For such emergencies.

I have used a German medical tape, and it's very sticky. I haven't had any leaks through the tape. https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Roll-Stretc...01F9JFBBY/

I don't use tape anymore because I found out that air will get trapped inside my mouth still. What I really needed was to shut the mouth area with the tongue to keep the air from entering.

The wrist sleep tracking device/software's information about sleep stages will not be accurate enough to be reliable. REM sleep is actually fairly light sleep stages and it happens more and more as you get closer to waking time. I believe delta happens early in the sleep.

I believe the culprit of most people stating that they feel foggy is due to lack of REM or it being disturbed (leak issues, etc.. waking them up during the dreams).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,196 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.