Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

therapy ever stop working after it works for a while?
therapy ever stop working after it works for a while?
I've had both the airsense 10 and now currently have aircurve 10 vauto. About 3 weeks into therapy with the airsense 10 I felt fantastic for 3 days. Then I traveled to a conference, had an early morning flight and forgot to pack my cpap. I came back a week later, immediately began therapy again but over a year later I have never been able to get back to where I was for those 3 days. I've tried everything imaginable, fixed pressures,  apap mode CPAP mode, 2 new titration studies, switched to bilevel, and nothing seems to help. Does anyone know if resmed pushes software updates to our machines? Part of me wonders if a subtle change to their algorithm might have made the machine ineffective when it had previously worked. It seems unlikely but I don't know what to try anymore. I have not had any changes in weight so I doubt my pressure needs changed. I was on 4-20 apap when it briefly worked anyway so the pressure was auto adjusting

I should also add that my ahi numbers are really good so technically my therapy is working. I just feel terrible everyday. Sometimes fatigue but mostly a lot of brain fog.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: therapy ever stop working after it works for a while?
I think it would be a good idea to have your GP do a checkup on you. You might have picked up something on your trip that's causing the problem. Virus, Tick bite, etc. I'd at least try and get it ruled out.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yea that's a good idea. I'm somewhat fixated on the OSA because it's exactly the same feeling as before treatment but you're right that it would be good to rule that out.

It does look like resmed pushes updates, and the machines show what version they're on under the menu options. Any idea if we can get this info from sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am only aware of one over the air update for the Resmed machines and that was a number of years ago and fixed a humidifier issue there has been no over the air updates that have changed the Resmed algorithm so I think you need to be looking elsewhere for the change..
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, ResMed can do updates. As said, they're extremely rare, more so than doors on a motorcycle. I too would suggest getting the doctor to give you an exam. Best of luck with this.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.