Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

therapy hours is incorrect
RE: therapy hours is incorrect
(11-18-2012, 07:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Zonk, for clarification, if I take a nap from 2pm to 6pm (4hrs) then sleep later from 1am to 8am (7hrs), the data says I slept 11hrs for that day? Or does it keep sessions separate?
ResScan "Usage" summary graph shows the times of each session "mask events" - naps (2pm-6pm) and night sleep (1am-8am) as a separate mask events . If during naps period or night sleep period switched machine off to pee ... also shows as a separate mask event ...hope it make sense Too-funny

"Total Usage" graph and the S9 shows total hours used the machine within the 24 hour cycle (11 hrs)

Post Reply Post Reply
So the total hours slept from noon to noon should be correct in the Total Usage graph, right?

Mask events? For pete's sake. And they wonder why so many of us are non-compliant!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Data and time tracking is full of fail on these machines.

Philips machines don't let you set the time. They're set at the factory, and can't be reset by the patient without special hardware and "secret" software. Some DMEs may be able to fix it, but I'll bet most of them can't fix it.

It also doesn't have a time zone setting, so "noon" may not be "noon" in your time zone.

ResMed machines are notorious for finally getting the "right" data, but it doesn't record the data or calculate the info until several hours after you turn the machine off. I don't know exactly what the trick is, but it's often wrong if you check it right after shutting off, but then correct when you check it the next day. Philips machines may suffer from this problem to a certain degree as well.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had a Phillips Respironics Remstar pro c flex for 46 days. I have been charting the 1 day, 7 day and 30 day averages. On day 43 the 30 day average was 7:06. That is still the 30 day average although I have used the machine 9:18, 10:30 and 7:36 hours since then. The 7 day average has changed but the 30 day is stuck at 7:06 I realize that the 30 day will change slowly but it should be changing. Before day 44, it changed up or down a little bit each day. This is irritating. I put up with an uncomfortable mask - I can't believe any mask feels like wearing nothing, tubing, all this bother and then the expensive machine can't even figure stuff right.
Before I got diagosed and started with the cpap, I used to drive by a medical place that had a big sign that they sold cpap supplies. Because my eyesight isn't that great and I was just glancing at it, I wondered why the sold "CRAP" supplies. Then I realized the R was actually a P and they sold CPAP supplies. I am starting to think my first impression was corrrect!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you spoken to your DME about it? Not the CRAP supplies, although that would be interesting, but the time keeping.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2012, 07:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Zonk, for clarification, if I take a nap from 2pm to 6pm (4hrs) then sleep later from 1am to 8am (7hrs), the data says I slept 11hrs for that day? Or does it keep sessions separate?

It will show that you slept a total of 11 Hours during that 24 Hour Period.

The Graphs should have a break in them for the time the machine was not being used (6 pm to 1 am) but then will continue with the next usage in the same 24 hour period.

So, you can distinguish the one 4 hour session (nap) from the other 7 Hour session and see what the leak, presssure, etc was for each session.

Both sessions will be on the same graph, but the 7 hour break between sessions will be obvious (assuming your machine is set to the correct local time).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 21 601 9 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 61 2,256 Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 135 7,146 Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 4 81 03-17-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,290 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 13 698 03-16-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: marcinpiskala
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 3 159 03-15-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SleepyLlama

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.