Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

therapy hours is incorrect
therapy hours is incorrect
I used the CPAP for several hours last night and the info screen says that I only used it 1:24. In order to make any sense of the data, do I need to tweak the settings to redefine when a day starts and ends? if so, then how do I tweak them?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: therapy hours is incorrect
Not really familiar with your machine, but there should be a setting to accumulate the data for an entire night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use PRS1 either
CPAP day start at noon so if you took a nap after mid-day (noon) and looked at the screen afterwards .. it would only show the nap period

Post Reply Post Reply
You can always try rebooting ... unplug the machine and plug back a little later ... sometimes that,s all whats needed
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had the same problem with the same machine. I am very new to this. When I wake up at night I check the information to see what is happening. If I have 0 therapy hours, I adjust the mask and recheck a few minutes later. It is weird as far as I am concerned. I had 1:36 hours one night the first time I checked. Then a couple hours later, I rechecked and the hours were back to 0:00. this has happened a couple of times. Also, I started checking the phone in hours. Some nights they agree with the therapy hours and other nights they are a couple of hours off - the nights my hours seem to stay at 0 or the hours I do have disappear. I have tried talking to the therapist who set me up with the machine about this but she doesn't seem to like it that I am even looking at the information.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that every time you turn off the machine it registers it as a new night.
Post Reply Post Reply
And it resets at noon. I think all the machines do. The reset is based on the time set on the machine, not necessarily the time where you are. Resmed is adjustable, Respironics is not. It is set to UTC time.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2012, 10:37 AM)jfmusil Wrote: I believe that every time you turn off the machine it registers it as a new night.
make no difference how many times you turn off the machine ... CPAP new day start at noon and end 24 hours later

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, for clarification, if I take a nap from 2pm to 6pm (4hrs) then sleep later from 1am to 8am (7hrs), the data says I slept 11hrs for that day? Or does it keep sessions separate?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2012, 01:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And it resets at noon. I think all the machines do. The reset is based on the time set on the machine, not necessarily the time where you are. Resmed is adjustable, Respironics is not. It is set to UTC time.

Modern machines, at least. My dearly departed Healthdyne, I don't think it recorded a darn thing. Turn it on, it blows air. Turn it off, it shuts up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 153 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.