Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

theredheadsaid (Therapy Thread)
RE: Giant block of Central Apneas?
Let's see if this repeats, those events look a bit obstructive, possible chin tucking.

FYI the machine can cause centrals as in Treatment Emergent Central Apnea. It is possible that these are that as they have the waxing and waning typical of that. Let's see if this is a one and only occurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: theredheadsaid (Therapy Thread)
I have merged a couple of your recent threads and altered the Title to reflect your therapy thread.
As stated earlier, it does make it easier for those offering advice to see your history in one place.  So going forward, if you would be so kind as to keep your therapy questions and charts to this thread, as it makes it easier to offer the best advice possible.  
Thanks!  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks. When someone starts asking for advice then, should they start a thread with their name on it or something? otherwise, how would anyone know that all of someone's history is in a random thread about a mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
this block of Central Apneas happened again last night, around the same time of the morning. This is freakingme out. I was reading in some other threads about periodic breathing, isn't this periodic breathing? or the Cheynes-Stokes? a quick google tells me both are correlated with heart failure so now I'm worrying about that...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Without seeing your settings and statistics panels it is really hard to suggest chnages.

Please take your screenshots using the F12 (Fn +F12 on Macs) so that we can see what more useful data.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
A tip when you post the next chart: turn off the calendar (click on the triangle to the left of today's date) and the pie chart (look for the on/off under View). This way, more of the useful information on the left panel will be visible.

People with more expertise should weigh in, but I'll note that in CSR, the time between the end of one CA and the beginning of the next is generally longer than the periodic breathing in your snippet, and the increase in amplitude of the flow rate is generally more gradual. (If you draw a line along the top of the flow rate for CSR, it will look kind of like a sine wave.)
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I WILL WHEN I’m back at computer. In the meantime, my pressure is 10-12 with EPR 2. Have been on CPAP since July 14 (almost 2 months) and this issue only popped up in the last week. A variable that may or may not be important: up until this week it’s been hot here, so my bedroom fan is always running.  This week, fan is off, so i’m hearing every little leak and it might be more disturbing to my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the two nights where I had the chunk of Central apneas and weird breathing. (I will also post two nights this week where I did not). 

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is some data from two nights of "regular" sleep.  let me know what other data you might like to see

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,344 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.