Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

third night
ok so not so bad- I don't have any leaks- it takes awhile to get used to the mask-
I am a side sleeper- cannot sleep on my back-when I do, my lower back spasms-
I am trying to find a comfortable way to sleep with the straps around my head- they dig into the side of my head- I did remove my earrings cause those were stabbing me when the straps went against them-
My hands get numb when I hold the side of my head cause I am trying to get comfy-
I made an appointment to get nasal pillows to give those a try- I will be going Wednesday-
Does anyone find they sleep better with the nasal pillows rather than the whole nose mask with straps- From what I can understand and see there is usually only one strap for the nasal pillow...?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper with a full face mask. I did have to ditch my earrings too.
Many people prefer the pillows... I tried them, couldn't stand them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find the Nasal Pillows much more comfortable than the full nasal mask.

Whatever you use, remember, it takes a while to get used to whatever you use.

Don't give up and good luck.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Cookie810,
I am fairly new to this too, but I decided to give the nasal pillows a try from the beginning, and I really like it. I only used the nasal mask when I had my overnight sleep study and did not like it.
With that said, everyone is different and there are a lot of masks out there. What works for one person won't be right for another. Your supplier or DME should allow you to try different masks.
Good luck to you. Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last night not a good night Novello1234 15 736 06-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 7,249 08-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 1,162 02-25-2016, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 1,157 01-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 5,204 03-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  0.0 Events Last Night - Night #7 Sparkle 4 2,297 01-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sparkle
  Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night dozydave 2 1,419 01-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last