Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

thoughts to control hypopnea
RE: thoughts to control hypopnea
I'd second what Dave said. I have pretty much pure CSA - any obstructive events on my chart seem to be either Sleep-Wake Junk (SWJ) or the odd potentially mislabeled central apnea (the machine looks to see if your airway is clear or obstructed and labels the apnea accordingly, but you can have a central apnea even with an obstructed airway, so it might occasionally mislabel the odd central as obstructive). Context tells me whether the odd OA on my chart is SWJ or - if it's smack in a run of CAs and periodic breathing - most likely a mislabeled central. Similarly, if I'm having hypopneas in the middle of (or near the ends of) a long run of centrals, with no sign of it being SWJ, then it's probably a central hypopnea.

See my comparison of Viatom/Wellue and CMS50F oximeters here.

Not a doctor, definitely not your doctor, all advice is given as-is and represents simply my own understanding as a fellow patient and OSCAR user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VS and VS2 popping up lately, any thoughts? Phaleronic 2 95 11-24-2021, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Full face mask thoughts? KSMatthew 57 1,570 11-21-2021, 11:38 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Hypopnea events all night? herdisleah 3 135 11-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Unusally high Hypopnea cluster jaydee1445 8 184 11-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Climate Control, Tube Temp, and Humidity settings on ResMed AirSense 10 donwbc 6 1,120 10-25-2021, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do FlowLimits/Hypopnea always disrupt sleep ? DaveCar 9 385 10-20-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  Your thoughts? Joe Bezz 22 594 10-07-2021, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Joe Bezz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.