Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

time for ASV?
Obviously this is just my own experience, but for what it's worth on the insurance concerns, I'll share what happened to me. Please take note that I cannot make you do any action, this is for educational purposes.

I learned here how to access the clinical setup mode for the DreamStation BiPAP. I had posted pics from Sleepyhead and other AB members gave suggestions on settings. I chose to change the settings as described. The results were somewhat better, but as I learned, I'm a mixed apnea sufferer so BiPAP isn't going to be the right machine for me.

Here's the DME and doctor portion. Somewhere along my ASV path, I had phone conversations with each of those. When they say something like "We'll edit your settings. The BiPAP will receive it x number of minutes, hours, etc." I reply "Can you indicate what settings are changing and to what value? I'll change it now." Every time it's "You know how to do that?" "Yes I do." Every time so far, basically it's "OK. Guess that takes care of it."

I did have one time where the pulmonary tech and I had to go "lawyer talk". "In theory, in cases like mine, what are the changes and values at this stage?" End result? Nothing, but I changed the settings. Oh and I even mentioned it to an insurance customer service agent for some reason. No comment except OK have a nice day.
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCESS Machine Blower Time zzzZorro 3 115 10-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 17 1,182 08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Romster
  Time for a new machine ?? GrammaBear 8 342 08-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Last Post: GrammaBear
Question very casual relation between AHI and sleep time CPAPreturnee 2 241 07-31-2017, 02:53 PM
Last Post: CPAPreturnee
  Time and Date Wrong on Airsense 10 Autoset biyahero 23 1,445 07-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  [Diagnosis] Long Time to Get Prescription for Machine Vesimir 39 1,505 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Vesimir
  Date/time? markn62 3 245 07-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: markn62