Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New user looking for support and answers
RE: New user looking for support and answers
Thanks all for the great advice. Last night was night 3. I seem to have slept most of the night without pulling the mask off. However I did wake up with dry mouth from my humidifier tank running out of water through the night. Odd since I filled it up before going to bed. I'll take a look at the masks you all are speaking of and let you know my progress. So far I'm starting to feel like I may be actually getting some sleep for a change. Not as tired and groggy when I wake up...
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepNLoudly, welcome to the forum. Your questions seem to have been adequately addressed by other forum members.
By posting so early in your therapy you show that you are committed to making your therapy work.
Getting the right mask is one of the hardest things we face. I can't remember how many masks I tried before finding the "one", and now it's showing me some problems moving my bottom teeth closer together from the slight pressure on my chin.
What I do now instead of taking the mask off in my sleep I get up to use the bathroom (don't take mask off- disconnect hose from mask, unless needs re-seating) and I forget to turn the machine back on.
Best of luck, keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I just exchanged my mask for a Mirage Liberty FFM w/ nasal pillows that will not pinch off the nose. I'll try it for the first time tonight and see how it goes. Wish me luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Please let us know how it works. Wear it some during the day, to get used to how it works, feels, etc.

Most of the time, I try to give a new mask five nights to decide if it works or not. Some I knew the first night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,330 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 406 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 678 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,613 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,098 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.