Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

tired of being tired
tired of being tired
[/b]I have been using my cpap since the end of August for 5-7 hours a night. My AHI is around 1.7 but I still wake up feeling tired. I know that there is sleep debt but I would have expected that not to be an issue anymore. My primary ordered complete bloodwork (fatigue profile) and all was normal except slightly low vitamn D levels. I don't have a morning headache anymore and my blood pressure is comming down but I am still tired. Do you have any suggestions?

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: tired of being tired
(12-31-2012, 06:57 PM)Roxy Wrote: My primary ordered complete bloodwork (fatigue profile) and all was normal except slightly low vitamn D levels. I don't have a morning headache anymore and my blood pressure is comming down but I am still tired. Do you have any suggestions?

cpap is not miracle cure for all things but can have a positive overall effects
the main source of vitamin D comes from exposure of the skin to sunlight
get outdoors more often, go surfing or take a walk on the beach but don,t over do it

herring, salmon and mackerel, include eggs, meat and fortified foods such as margarine is good source

happy new "sunny" year to you too
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, it can take a while for the tiredness to finally clear.

Our bodies have great memory. This being tired is what it thinks is normal and now you are saying it is not. Sometimes, the body adjusts faster, sometimes not.

Just keep it up. You already have proof it is working.

In the winter, especially if you are feeling tired, you may feel a little better by sitting in sunlight as often as you can. You can also try one of the "light boxes" but investigate what kind of light it takes and make your own.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2012, 06:57 PM)Roxy Wrote: [/b]I have been using my cpap since the end of August for 5-7 hours a night. My AHI is around 1.7 but I still wake up feeling tired. I know that there is sleep debt but I would have expected that not to be an issue anymore. My primary ordered complete bloodwork (fatigue profile) and all was normal except slightly low vitamn D levels. I don't have a morning headache anymore and my blood pressure is comming down but I am still tired. Do you have any suggestions?

This might help and again maybe not, but a fellow here was having the same problem that you are having and he started a "Walking Program" and he also cut down on his sugar intake.

Of course before you take any advice from anyone always run suggestions by your Doctor before putting the advice of others into action, including mine.

Good Luck and I hope this puts a little more Pep in your Step.

First Reviewer

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2012, 08:00 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 06:57 PM)Roxy Wrote: My primary ordered complete bloodwork (fatigue profile) and all was normal except slightly low vitamn D levels.

cpap is not miracle cure for all things but can have a positive overall effects
the main source of vitamin D comes from exposure of the skin to sunlight
get outdoors more often, go surfing or take a walk on the beach but don,t over do it

herring, salmon and mackerel, include eggs, meat and fortified foods such as margarine is good source

Hi Roxy,

Did your physician suggest taking a Vitamin D3 supplement?

I take a small clear capsule of Vitamin D3, 2000 mg every morning and find it helps me feel better.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am taking rx strenght supplement as well as multiple vitamins with vitamin d in it. I am having my bloodwork repeated in two weeks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Roxy,
I know you have had a few struggles along the way with your CPAP therapy but don't give up.
I know, you wish the tiredness would go away two days before yesterday but it takes time for your body to get used to the "relatively" new situation.
You mentioned that you don't have morning headaches and that your blood pressure is leveling out so those are two GREAT improvements.
Best of luck to you, (I know it's difficult and frustrating,) but just keep on trying.
PS, it's good that you are taking some vitamin D.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
has the leak and sleep quality improved since posting this thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...al-success

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2012, 06:57 PM)Roxy Wrote: I have been using my cpap since the end of August for 5-7 hours a night. My AHI is around 1.7 but I still wake up feeling tired. I know that there is sleep debt but I would have expected that not to be an issue anymore. My primary ordered complete bloodwork (fatigue profile) and all was normal except slightly low vitamn D levels. I don't have a morning headache anymore and my blood pressure is comming down but I am still tired. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Roxy

Perchance do you suffer from RLS or PLMD? I do and when I have a 'bad' night with these even though my AHI is below 2.0, I still feel tired.

You might take a quick look to see exactly the components of your AHI and see if you are having breathing pattern irregularities followed by CA's.

That is my pattern and it seems to be the RLS acting up and giving me a partial arousal which is followed by a couple of CA's.

Even though your blood tests come back normal, they will not likely be testing for ferritin levels - an indicator for RLS, etc.

Cheers, and hang in there - it will get better.

Post Reply Post Reply
During the sleep study, I did not have restless leg sydrome or central. My husband does not report RLS either
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 137 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 224 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 475 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,420 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 285 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 188 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.