Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

too many events
too many events
I use a ResMed AirSense 10 for Her and still average 16 events per night.  This last week the lowest number was 9.8, the highest 21.8.  The pressure us autoset 10-20.  Is my machine not high powered enough to control my sleep apnea? I use the Airfit FF mask with the foam cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: too many events
Welcome to the board. We need to see data to make any suggestions. We use OSCAR to get the data we need. It is a free download at the top of the site. 

Check the link I have in my signature on organizing charts. It showed which charts AND information on OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
@Ckb51 - Events are measured per HOUR, not per NIGHT. The AHI is the number of events divided by the number of hours slept. You mentioned a low of 9.8 events per night. If you slept 8 hours, that would be an AHI of 1.23 (which most people would say was good) but if you slept only 4 hours the AHI would be 2.45. So as you can see, whether it's "good" or "not so good" depends on how long you slept. And the only way you can compare your results over time is using an index, which the AHI is. As stacey said above, the experts need OSCAR data; otherwise they are shooting in the dark. OSCAR is easy to download and use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your responses.  I misspoke when I said per night, my machine records events per hour, so last night my machine registered an average of 14.4 events per hr.  I understand I need Oscar to discuss events here: unfortunately, I make do with an Ipad and an Iphone.  This is probably something I need to discuss with a medical professional; I’ll try to get a referral at my next medical appointment.  Just one last question: does the age and type of machine affect the data?  I notice fewer events per hour on the ResMed app when I use my ResMed AirMini machine and app.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be several things with event differences one PAP to the other. They may not have identical settings and capabilities. Leak rates may be different also. Most users get into their PAP and edit settings for themselves. It does help a lot though to see this data in OSCAR. Maybe a real inexpensive laptop could run it, as I've used one for my own OSCAR reports in the past.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 340 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.