Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: H51
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Aug 2014, AHI in study was 52

Sex: Female

RE: too sensitive??
Storywizard so sorry it didn't go well. Do you have another appointment to try again? Could you not just do a sleep study at home? That's what I did - it wasn't nearly as invasive - the oximeter on my finger some straps around my chest and some little tubes up my nose and I could sleep in my own bed. Send me a PM if you want to know where I went.
09-29-2014 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
storywizard Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed VPAP Adapt S9
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 taped to face
Humidifier: included with machine
CPAP Pressure: CPAP 11cm

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(09-29-2014 11:38 PM)zoecat5 Wrote:  Storywizard so sorry it didn't go well. Do you have another appointment to try again? Could you not just do a sleep study at home? That's what I did - it wasn't nearly as invasive - the oximeter on my finger some straps around my chest and some little tubes up my nose and I could sleep in my own bed. Send me a PM if you want to know where I went.

I see my GP next week, as well as an ENT.
I am going to try to find an outfit that will at least consider looking at my Sleephead data, at the present only my GP is on my side....
Seeing a respirologist in November...

I know I will need to go back on some version of the machine, but need to work with someone who will consider the idea that I have pressure caused centrals...

S
09-30-2014 02:19 PM
storywizard Online

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(09-29-2014 11:38 PM)zoecat5 Wrote:  Storywizard so sorry it didn't go well. Do you have another appointment to try again? Could you not just do a sleep study at home? That's what I did - it wasn't nearly as invasive - the oximeter on my finger some straps around my chest and some little tubes up my nose and I could sleep in my own bed. Send me a PM if you want to know where I went.

Hi Zoecat,

I did message you, would love to get that info, seeing my doc soon, it would be good to push for another test...

all the best,

Storywizard
10-01-2014 11:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
storywizard Online

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

Saw the ENT doc, she was great, I described the sleep doc appointment and the study, plus gave a description of my 2 months on CPAP. She has referred me to another sleep doc, who actually knows that some people get centrals from CPAP therapy. See him in November.

Not sure I will return to the first sleep doc,little point as the sleep study was not accurate as I had to sleep on my back due to all the wires, apparently I had an AHI of 37 with only a few centrals...and he wants me to do another 2 month trial on CPAP, I don't think so...

Still sleeping well, I have noticed that my body has a hard time falling asleep and waking up, but average 8 hrs a night with a max of 2 bathroom breaks...as the ENT pointed out, there are over 80 different sleep disorders, we are at early days yet...

onwards...

Storywizard
10-08-2014 09:51 PM
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

I had no trouble with the sleep test. However my wife who I can right now hear rocking the walls snoring down the hallway, stopping breathing, gasping for air, etc could not sleep a couple of years ago in the lab nor a couple of weeks ago during a home test other than catnaps.

So she never went to sleep deep enough to do what she does almost every night all night which is stop breathing for long periods then come up gasping for air over and over again. Dont feel bad your not the only one that cant get a accurate test because of not being able to sleep during one.
10-09-2014 02:39 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  sensitive teeth tooth ache alfiepops 6 105 Today 04:27 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
Question [Symptoms] The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask Rousseau21 19 2,519 06-15-2016 02:03 PM
Last Post: BostonGuy2016
  AirSense 10 -- Too sensitive daveasu 12 2,649 03-10-2016 09:16 AM
Last Post: _cy_
  [Equipment] Super Sensitive Skin NeerDeth 5 944 12-09-2015 10:50 AM
Last Post: NeerDeth