Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

transcend travel losing pressure?
transcend travel losing pressure?
I have a transcend travel cpap...when I got my Rx it was the ONLY one the place had on hand...otherwise I'd have to wait a few MONTHS to get what I wanted.

It works ok, it's not really that quiet though it's reviewed as such...I work on hospital equipment and we use resmed ip21's and they are SUPER quiet!  Mine is like three times as loud.

Point of the post, I don't know how long before this happens but I've woken up after a few hours for non-cpap related reasons and noticed the pressure was VERY low...almost to the point of being no more than my floor fan blowing on me.

I have full access to it's settings (thanks google) and initially I was set at 10 but I turned the lowest setting to 12 and the highest to 16.  I initially set it at 16 all the way but I found that uncomfortable, 12 seemed to work.  I have also turned RAMP off...but RAMP should actually increase the pressure over time not reduce...either way it's off.  I actually haven't been using my cpap because of that but I did the last few nights....I haven't reviewed the logs on it.

Still after so many hours it drops the pressure, by the time I wake up it's like a floor fan blowing on my face...is this normal for this cpap? 

luckily my work "retired" a resmed recently and instead of the garbage bin it's going to my bedside.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: transcend travel losing pressure?
You can make a simple manometer using a tall glass of water and your CPAP hose.

Dunk the hose all the way to the bottom of the glass and then start your machine. Slowly pull the hose up and mark the hose at the top of the water when the bubbles start coming. Turn off the machine and measure the length of hose from the mark to the bottom, preferably in cm... that's your pressure in cm H2O.

Repeat when you wake up in the middle of the night... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 10 188 Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 87 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,911 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 303 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,895 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 750 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,280 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.