Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure
RE: treatment pressure higher than the setting pressure
(03-30-2016, 01:44 AM)robysue Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 01:09 AM)sonicboom Wrote: In my experience this is caused by rainout.
Why would rainout cause the machine to increase the pressure past the maximum pressure setting?

Please note: I understand that rainout might be mistaken for snoring or a flow limitation and lead to a pressure increase. But we're not talking about a run of the mill pressure increase here: We're talking about the machine increasing the pressure past the maximum pressure setting, and that's very unusual.

In other words, since the max pressure setting is 8 cm, why would the machine decide that it needs to deliver 10cm?

To debby2242: Any chance you show us the detailed data for 3/28/2016? By the detailed data, I mean the the graphs for the flow rate, pressure, and leak rate? You can do this in either ResScan (if you downloaded "all" the data) or SH. I believe that SH 0.9-8 works with the AirSense 10 AutoSets.

I had the same problem and thought it was my machine. I went through three machines - now on my fourth- with this problem. I called Resmed and they said yes the machine CAN do this. I traced it to rainout control and that fixes the problem. I'm pretty sure this is the OPs problem. This is covered in great detail in my original postings on the issue when I had the same problem back last year. I posted some data at the time as well to show it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 07:32 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 06:37 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: It's a CPAP which doesn't collect data I believe.

The Autoset collects full data.

And, RobySue -- a very good question. I'm thinking it's not the machine; but the reporting software.

JM - I went through 3 machines with this problem. Now on #4. All my units have done this - even the current one. Data shows it as well, The machine does this. Resmed is aware of it. Control rainout - problem solved. Here is the link to my original post last year with graphs.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...alfunction
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
sonicboom,
Thanks for posting the link to that thread. I didn't remember until I started reading through it. It would seem that ResMed and DME's are aware of this problem.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
debby2242,
Take the time to read through the thread that sonicboom has posted. See his link above.
This must be a known defect, and they should replace your machine.

If the run-away pressure is caused by rainout, you will have to try and fix that. Are you using a heated hose? You can also try a hose cover, and be sure the machine is lower than your head. This way any moisture/water that gets in hose would flow back to humidifier.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 11:41 AM)OpalRose Wrote: sonicboom,
Thanks for posting the link to that thread. I didn't remember until I started reading through it. It would seem that ResMed and DME's are aware of this problem.

You're welcome. Yes they are aware of the problem but no they aren't fixing it since all 4 of my A10s did this. So replacing the unit per se is probably not going to fix the problem unless there is some other problem with the unit causing it which wasn't the case with my 4 units. In my case, as long as rainout is tamed it is a nonissue.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the rainout is messing with a sensor.

The data that the OP posted does not look like any ResScan data that I have seen but I do not have the absolutely latest ResScan.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 11:58 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Maybe the rainout is messing with a sensor.

The data that the OP posted does not look like any ResScan data that I have seen but I do not have the absolutely latest ResScan.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

My suspicion is this is set this way to overcome the tube obstruction or blockage caused by the rainout so you don't suffocate if tube is blocked. OPs data is definitely from ResScan summary stats page. Also, of interest, is when this happens the machine stops recording data until problems is solved.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 11:58 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Maybe the rainout is messing with a sensor.

it's what you get if you do a 'report', instead of examining the data... threw me too for a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 05:54 PM)palerider Wrote:

it's what you get if you do a 'report', instead of examining the data... threw me too for a bit.

Just ran a report from my version of ResScan and it does not look like what the OP put up.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 08:44 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 05:54 PM)palerider Wrote:

Just ran a report from my version of ResScan and it does not look like what the OP put up.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I've got 5 something, and tried it the other night, and was able to find something that looked like that part way down one of the report pages.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein prismaSMART - pressure settings 6bez8dF5lf 0 5 6 minutes ago
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Ear tubes to help with CPAP ear pressure? PaulaO2 16 3,234 5 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 5 121 Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Abrecaminos
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 112 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 319 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,182 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.