Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

trtl Pillow Plus Travel Pillow question?
trtl Pillow Plus Travel Pillow question?
I have a home made pad that fits under my chin to keep my jaw from dropping, and mouth opening. It's the most comfortable device I've used. It's not perfect.

I've tried all kinds of cushions and supports. I haven't found a soft cervical collar that I want to use every night. That's what I'm looking for!

A vendor sent me a picture of this device.  It's the trtl Pillow Plus Travel Pillow.  Do any of you use this? Did it work for you?

(I have a collection of things I've tried.  Last attempt from a vendor that delivers to homes didn't work out at all.  I returned it!)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: trtl Pillow Plus Travel Pillow question?
Photo or link?  I've been using typical cervical collars for a number of years to keep my mouth shut, but the bulk at the back of my neck irritates a former whiplash injury and makes things painful during the day. 

As a result, I have tried chin straps, that never work. Then the Dr. Dakota things in a couple of different version, and that didn't work out so well either.  I even bought a couple of full face masks, Airtouch F20 and Dreamware FF, and I cannot get through 2 hours with these things.  I even went to the dentist to have a device made to keep my jaw closed, and that killed my jaw muscles and I could never fall asleep. I have facial hair so tape, etc, isn't going to work either.

The only set up I've found to get a good nights sleep is my P10 and the cervical collar. Sure would like to have a zipper sewn into my lips. My wife would probably enjoy that as well.

Sure would be interest to hear of anything new out there.
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been many positive reviews for the Knightsbridge CPAP cap from Supplier #37. Its design helps in lifting the jaw upward and not toward the rear.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson - I have tried umpteen chin straps and none were comfortable enough to sleep with. Not sure I could tolerate wearing the cap, but interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2020, 12:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: There have been many positive reviews for the Knightsbridge CPAP cap from   Supplier #37.  Its design helps in lifting the jaw upward and not toward the rear.

Thanks!
I bought two....one is a spare. 

I find the Knightsbridge dual strap is good.
However, if I don't get it on right i have problems.

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I am assuming you are a mouth breather? I am a mouth breather because of deformity of my nasal passages and can only breath out of one side of my nose. I also have a very flat bridge and as a result I can not wear a nasal mask or a full face masks.  I use the Dreamwear mask that fits under the nose and covers my mouth and it works well. Like  you I have tried chin straps, mouth guards and dental devices with no success.  However, I still breath through my mouth and can breath through the one side of my nose with help from the air pressure. To help alleviate dry mouth (which is unavoidable) I set the humidity up high and in cold weather use a heated hose.
Unfortunately I don't think there is any type of device out there to help keep our mouths closed  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2020, 03:04 PM)jlarsen1 Wrote: I am assuming you are a mouth breather? I am a mouth breather because of deformity of my nasal passages and can only breath out of one side of my nose. I also have a very flat bridge and as a result I can not wear a nasal mask or a full face masks.  I use the Dreamwear mask that fits under the nose and covers my mouth and it works well. Like  you I have tried chin straps, mouth guards and dental devices with no success.  However, I still breath through my mouth and can breath through the one side of my nose with help from the air pressure. To help alleviate dry mouth (which is unavoidable) I set the humidity up high and in cold weather use a heated hose.
Unfortunately I don't think there is any type of device out there to help keep our mouths closed  Sad

Welcome to the forum!
I learned to mouth breath a few years ago...darn.  I had been using cpap for about 25 years then.

I appreciate your hints.  I use a heated hose and a humidifier too. And a ResMed N20 nasal mask. I have 3 of them right now.

I'll be back in a bit...

Dave

Back: I believe that there's not enough talk in the medical community about sleep quality. Frankly my sleep doctors haven't cared.

I have a brand new apap because I took the advice of monitors and members here. It's amazing.
I also have a brand new Knightsbridge dual strap. It's more capable than other straps I've used. BUT I have had issues with it too. Recently. I'm going back to my home made chin pad tonight.

I tried the ResMed F20--I had issues with leaks. So it went back. It was on loan. I had about 3 DreamWear masks. Then had some surgery on my nose and nostril, and stopped using that mask.
I'm optimistically hoping to find the perfect mask!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 10 188 Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 87 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 992 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,911 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 245 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 750 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,280 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.