Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

turbinate reduction
turbinate reduction
I had a turbinate reduction, small bit of septum straightening last Wednesday

some of the turbinates were 90% blockage, so this wasn't really for the apnea, but day and night breathing both

I use a nuance nasal pillows mask, and was told not to use until they take the splints out Wednesday

thing is I cannot remotely imagine putting those pillows in my nose in two days. They said they did a loooooot of work, and still left a normal amount

My face feels like I picked a bad fight with the highschool senior bully as a freshman. Repeatedly.

I've never used the other kind of masks, would it be worth getting one to see? They touch the nose but higher up right? 

Or is this just one of those double/triple everything surgeon says for recovery type things.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: turbinate reduction
In case you have not read this thread.. it talks about blocked noses and turbinates and full-face masks and BPH

It doesn't answer your specific question but it may be of interest. 
I had turbinate reduction but I use a full-face mask because my turbinates are still enlarged.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Dry-Mouth

Hopefully someone can follow up and discuss the mask you mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: turbinate reduction
I had a turbinoplasty, outfracture, septal straightening, and an ear cartlidge craft to deal with nasal collapse.  Two days postsurgery, I went to ENT and told her I needed the external nasal splint (hard plastic thing) off my nose, but even with that off, I couldn't get a good seal with the FFM.  Five days postsurgery, I told her I needed all the supportive tape stuff off as well because I wanted to use my CPAP again.  That night, I was able to use a FFM.  So, 5 nights without cpap.  I am 4 weeks postsurgery and I still cannot fathom trying my nasal pillow mask because it's just too much pressure on those sensitive tissues inside my nose that still hurt and have stitches.  

I would definitely try a FFM because it could be a while until you feel good about pressure against the end of your nose.  You will just need to sit with the respiratory therapist and try on a bunch of different masks to see what feels o.k.  It's a different feeling from a nasal mask, but for me, it was no problem getting used to it.  Especially if you're still on pain meds, it will help you to get to sleep.

Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone with positive apnea reduction using emf shielding over bed? Pierelly 7 250 03-21-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Very frustrated after radiofrequency tongue base reduction surgery phitom816 4 1,365 12-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  Did you felt better after an septoplasty and turbinate reduction? MikeR20 5 664 11-24-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Need help with swollen nasal turbinate's caused by CPAP LBTRS 25 3,947 10-13-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: allistairt
  Central Apneas after Turbinate Surgery u4ea 15 1,723 02-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Last Post: u4ea
  Hypopneas correlated with flow reduction? PhoebeAnn 40 4,221 06-11-2020, 09:44 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Uppp surgery & turbinate reduction cherrow42 18 2,026 12-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.