Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

unable to lower AHI
unable to lower AHI

I am using CPAP machine for over one year and unable to lower AHI . It stays the same between 5 and 6.
Please see my charts from typical two nights. I would appreciate any suggestions and comments.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: unable to lower AHI
Hi Andrzej,
Since you are mostly showing hypopneas and a few obstructives, a slight increase in your pressure may help.

Increase your pressure to 8cm and watch for a few days. You may need to increase pressure by .5cm until you find a decrease in Apnea events. If you start to see an increase in Clear Airways, then reset pressure back by .5cm.

Also, you are using the CFlex feature. Try setting it at 1.

Give these changes a few days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sleeping on your back ?  My AHI is always higher when I sleep on my back.  Sleeping on my back increases my CA's immensely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for suggestions .
OpalFose -I will increase pressure 0.5 tonight . I have C flex + in my setting
I need clarification : is number 1 harder to exhale? and should I use  it in my case since I have mostly  hypoapnea ( shallow breath ) ?
------
Sleepinggiant
I am trying not to sleep on my back , tried a trick with the tennis ball on my back , It does not work .I waked up
every time I turned on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. OpalFose is the best! Yes number 1 will be a little harder.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
so if the harder means better , I will set Flex tonight number 1
Post Reply Post Reply
Both obstructive an hypopnea are present. I'm not sure Flex is affecting this, but many of us have done better with a setting of 1 than 3. With obstructive events like this, higher pressure is called for. Completely agree with what has been said so far.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try it at 1, if you find that to hard to breath against the machine, use 2.
It is best once you get used to it to turn it off all together.   If you can that is.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2018, 02:04 PM)Andrzej Wrote: Thank you for suggestions .
OpalFose -I will increase pressure 0.5 tonight . I have C flex + in my setting
I need clarification : is number 1 harder to exhale? and should I use  it in my case since I have mostly  hypoapnea ( shallow breath ) ?
------
Sleepinggiant
I am trying not to sleep on my back , tried a trick with the tennis ball on my back , It does not work .I waked up
every time I turned on my back.

Try your CFlex on 1, and if you feel it is too hard for you to exhale, then change it to 2. It probably won’t make much difference, so your comfort level comes first. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Andrzej,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 657 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,727 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 426 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 228 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 255 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,439 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.