Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

unable to lower AHI

I am using CPAP machine for over one year and unable to lower AHI . It stays the same between 5 and 6.
Please see my charts from typical two nights. I would appreciate any suggestions and comments.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Andrzej,
Since you are mostly showing hypopneas and a few obstructives, a slight increase in your pressure may help.

Increase your pressure to 8cm and watch for a few days. You may need to increase pressure by .5cm until you find a decrease in Apnea events. If you start to see an increase in Clear Airways, then reset pressure back by .5cm.

Also, you are using the CFlex feature. Try setting it at 1.

Give these changes a few days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your SleepyHead Charts
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots and Images.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sleeping on your back ?  My AHI is always higher when I sleep on my back.  Sleeping on my back increases my CA's immensely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for suggestions .
OpalFose -I will increase pressure 0.5 tonight . I have C flex + in my setting
I need clarification : is number 1 harder to exhale? and should I use  it in my case since I have mostly  hypoapnea ( shallow breath ) ?
------
Sleepinggiant
I am trying not to sleep on my back , tried a trick with the tennis ball on my back , It does not work .I waked up
every time I turned on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. OpalFose is the best! Yes number 1 will be a little harder.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
so if the harder means better , I will set Flex tonight number 1
Post Reply Post Reply
Both obstructive an hypopnea are present. I'm not sure Flex is affecting this, but many of us have done better with a setting of 1 than 3. With obstructive events like this, higher pressure is called for. Completely agree with what has been said so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try it at 1, if you find that to hard to breath against the machine, use 2.
It is best once you get used to it to turn it off all together.   If you can that is.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2018, 02:04 PM)Andrzej Wrote: Thank you for suggestions .
OpalFose -I will increase pressure 0.5 tonight . I have C flex + in my setting
I need clarification : is number 1 harder to exhale? and should I use  it in my case since I have mostly  hypoapnea ( shallow breath ) ?
------
Sleepinggiant
I am trying not to sleep on my back , tried a trick with the tennis ball on my back , It does not work .I waked up
every time I turned on my back.

Try your CFlex on 1, and if you feel it is too hard for you to exhale, then change it to 2. It probably won’t make much difference, so your comfort level comes first. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your SleepyHead Charts
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots and Images.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Andrzej,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Pressure gets lower over time? peter e 5 184 05-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Last Post: peter e
  Lower 95% pressure higher RERA index. Higher pressure lower RERA index. aconcepts 47 1,301 05-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to Lower the AHI with nasal mask patknoll 9 374 04-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Getting AHI Lower olywa 26 1,092 03-19-2018, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Is a BIPAP needed for me? BIPAP at lower pressure works better MyronH 4 341 03-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Airfit F20 cushion hurts nose, unable to wear Kryogen 18 1,016 03-07-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: phrogpilot73
  ResMed S9 pressure seems lower than the S8, same settings carlitos 12 388 03-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred