Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

understanding my AHI
understanding my AHI
Hi people, new to this only had my res med 10 machine two weeks now and  believe  I am getting getting good results an average so far of 3.53 AHI per hour. Some days more than others had 1.9 and last night 4.2.

Trying to understand myself and keep a log of what I eat drink and exercise I do. I am 55 have a desk job, out of shape 6 Ft 110.6 kg.

Does what I do each day affect my AHI ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: understanding my AHI
Hi Tony,

I'm also new to this, 33 years old, 130kg, 6ft3.

I've only been using the CPAP for a few nights but it seems my AHI is more related to sleeping position rather than daytime activity.

Having said that, I've read that alcohol can make apnea worse as it relaxed the throat muscles etc.

All the best,

Owen
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Owen,
              Thanks for that I have heard getting the correct pillow can help. I have probably been ignoring this for years. Getting diagnosed can be difficult in uk as doctors push back with losing weight all time. Hopefully now I will start to feel more refreshed in a morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tony,

I'll leave the experts on here to advise further but maybe it's worth just trying to sleep with 1 thin pillow if you have one instead of two? For me it reduced my AHI by a lot.

I'm in the same boat as you as I'm from the UK too. Ended up having to go private as the wait list for a sleep clinic initial study was upwards of 30 weeks!

All the best,

Owen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,562 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 815 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 363 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 820 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 582 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 686 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.