Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

update form sleep doc visit help ?
Question 
update form sleep doc visit help ?
Hi all Hi
Update on sleep doc visit
Was at sleep doc he said few things half I cant remember
( should have put my fone on record haha )
Well I do have sleep apnea cant remember if mild or med.
I did stop breading lot of the time.
He did change my CPAP prescription.

Machine type : to fixed before autotitrating
pressure setting to 10 before 6 to 16
next to cmH2O he put EPR 2 something cant read it H2O
Ramp 15minutes from 4 cmH2O (before was 5 )

wanted to put me on some tablets he said I had restless leg dont want any tablet if I dont really need it.
want me to get iron level checked.
He will send report to my doc
and come back in 6 months time.

Was feeling much better but now getting tired again.
Average usage on from last night was
6.7 hours
pressure 14.0
Leak 4.8 L/min

Is the leak is the reason why I am not as good as I did before.For about 2 week I do not think I move when I slept on my back all night. on thursday will be 1 months that I turned elephant at night haha got a trunk I wish I got the elephants good memory as well. The hose looks like an elephants trunk.
Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: update form sleep doc visit help ?
Libby, see how the RLS goes with CPAP before taking meds, your leaks are very good even though leaks don't sound good. You felt good the first two weeks because that is the sudden burst of energy most of us get at the start, it then goes backwards and you start slowly getting better over the next 3 - 6 months as you heal. You need to just be patient and monitor your data using either Sleepyhead or ResScan. I like the elephant analogy better than hose head Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 04:39 AM)Tez62 Wrote: Libby, see how the RLS goes with CPAP before taking meds, your leaks are very good even though leaks don't sound good. You felt good the first two weeks because that is the sudden burst of energy most of us get at the start, it then goes backwards and you start slowly getting better over the next 3 - 6 months as you heal. You need to just be patient and monitor your data using either Sleepyhead or ResScan. I like the elephant analogy better than hose head Smile

Yep so do I hose head sounds like something Frankenstein would make.
Sunday night got home late oh just could not put the hose on I just wanted to sleep the old way curl up in a ball was thinking its not working much anyway. The next day Don't know if it was because it was overcast I was feeling not my self just wanted to sit and do nothing cloudy weather sometimes makes me feel that way. Or because I did not have the machine on will never know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 03:23 AM)libbyau Wrote: Average usage on from last night was
6.7 hours
pressure 14.0
Leak 4.8 L/min

Hi Libby,

Do you know whether it was the 90 percentile pressure that was 14?

Or was it the median pressure which was 14?

Did the doc explain why he was reducing your prescription pressure to 10?

If you actually need 14, the new prescription of 10 would be too low, especially if you ever sleep on your back.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 07:18 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 03:23 AM)libbyau Wrote: Average usage on from last night was
6.7 hours
pressure 14.0
Leak 4.8 L/min

Hi Libby,

Do you know whether it was the 90 percentile pressure that was 14?

Or was it the median pressure which was 14?

Did the doc explain why he was reducing your prescription pressure to 10?

If you actually need 14, the new prescription of 10 would be too low, especially if you ever sleep on your back.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Hi Vaughn
Don't know it was bit to much to take in all at once and specially after he told me that I have stopped breading at night he did say how many but all I can remember it was lot. I am usually not bad when it comes to medical thing, but that made everything go over me head. Going to see the people that I have rented machine on saturday and they will try few different masks / pillows.
Libby
Post Reply Post Reply
Because there can be a significance price difference between CPAP and APAP machines here, some of the clinics run through a process to see if a CPAP will do the trick. It's usually a week of titration on APAP (pretty wide open), followed by a week on CPAP. Then a couple of weeks trying to fine tune things. It may be that Libbyau's doctor is following a similar process.

However, prescribing a straight pressure of 10 when it's been averaging 14 on the APAP does seem a bit strange, unless that 14 was just a one-off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.