Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

upgrade to Airesence 10?
upgrade to Airesence 10?
Thanks for the great forum!  I now have a Resmed S9 Autoset and thinking about upgrading.  My machine still works but it's several years old and is starting to make some strange sounds.  I saw a new in box S9 pretty cheap but I'm asking is there a huge difference between the S9 Autoset and the newer Airsence 10 Autoset?

The price difference for me would be about $300 more for the AirSense 10, so is it worth it just to go with an Airsense 10 Autoset over a new S9 Autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: upgrade to Airesence 10?
You might want to check out Supplier #2. SecondWindCPAP is selling the new in box Airsense 10 Autoset for only $539. From a therapy and use standpoint, the S10 and S9 are very similar. The form factor is more compact with the 10 and it travels lighter and easier. There are enough upgrades to be worthwhile, and even the Airsense 10 Autoset has been around for 5 years or so.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Vertigo,
A few months ago I upgraded my S9 Autoset to an Airsense 10 Autoset For Her.  My 95% pressure on the S9 was running about 14.6.  My 95% pressure on the A10 is running just over 11, which is a major improvement for someone who suffers from Aerophagia.  So, it can be very much worth the upgrade, but you won't know until you try it.  The thread where I tried/reported all the 3 Auto modes is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rapy-Modes

Hope this helps.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I went forward and ordered the Airsense 10 even though it was more money.  I think I'm going to be more satisfied in getting a newer model in the end.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 8,045 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 486 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 552 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,732 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav
  Upgrade to AS11? txrpls 6 1,129 08-20-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts? PurchanceToDream 2 719 04-30-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream
  [Diagnosis] Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve PSlebow 18 1,517 04-16-2022, 08:57 AM
Last Post: PSlebow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.