Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

uploading data from CMS50D+ evrything is failing
uploading data from CMS50D+ evrything is failing
i have just get a CMS50D+ and used it all last night.  I am desperate to download the date and everything I have tried has failed - sp02 assistant takes 40+ minutes to get to 99% then switches off the oximeter and fails leaving a file with all zeroes....  sleepyheadwants me to "select upload to commence data transfer"   sp02 review cant find the device....   can anyone help please..... 

the only thing I have found is a note on coopers not to switch off until ready to upload (connected to software)  as i was expecting to synchronise with CPAP data in sleepyhead  - i stopped CPAP and oximeter together..... so I cant do that - the autowipe "feature" means i have to be very careful not to turn record on! (I already lost night one with that "helpful" facility)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: uploading data from CMS50D+ evrything is failing
I should have said i am using windows (10) most comments i can find are mac related ...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a CMS50F. Not sure what firmware your device is. Mine is 3.9.

The disc that my unit came with had SpO2 Assistant version 3.0.2. I installed that but then I found this version (3.0.3) on the Contec web-site. You have to uninstall 3.0.2 and reinstall 3.0.3, otherwise you will have 2 versions. It doesn't update.
http://www.contecmed.com/index.php?optio...Itemid=590

I'm using a mini-usb cable that came with my device. The CMS50F that I have, is actually a serial port device, but it looks like it has a built-in Serial port/USB adapter inside the watch.

Anyway...because it's a serial device, the SpO2 assistant software installs a Serial-USB software driver, when you have the device plugged into the USB port on your computer, you should see a USB-Serial port adapter show up in Device manager.

Mine is under: Device Manager, Ports, Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM4). It will only show up with the watch or device plugged in.

It could be that the device driver didn't get installed correctly? Maybe try installing the 3.0.3 version. Also, make sure the driver is setup correctly when the watch is plugged in, under device manager.

Also...I don't know if you are using the USB cable that came with your device or a different one. I'm using the one that came with the device. I haven't checked to see if it is a standard cable. Maybe try the one that came with the device if you aren't using that one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also.. don't use sleepyhead to download from the oximeter (at first anyway).

I would use SpO2 Assistant to download.  Then in SpO2 Assistant, do a Save As, and save the current file to another location.

Then in Sleepyhead, import the above file.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok..one last suggestion.. Try a different USB port on your PC...or maybe try another PC (if you have access to one). It could be some funky interaction between the USB/Serial port driver and your PC that is causing issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thamks Mogulman - I was desperate to download the stored overnight data before I started on oxygen through my CPAP - last night.....  I have refrained from storing but I dont know whether the data is still there..... hopefully it may be - i will have another go tomorrow using Assistant 3.0.3.(on my desktop PC). 

I was aware of the cable issue - i believe that it is the cable that contains usb-serial bridging - that the USB plug is USB but the micro USB is not really USB at all! (which is why no other cable will work)

my firmware is 4.6 but as mine is D+ and yours is F i doubt that is particularly relevant - d+4.6 cold be higher lower or (essentially) the same as your F3.9.

Since storing a full night without oxygen all the oximeter has been used for is a few "instant" checks which reveal that my "normal" SpO2 range is 92-95 (92-93) most of the time.  last night (with 2lpm of "oxygen" (96% actually)) coming through my CPAP it was 98-99 - despite AHI>20 - so the oxygen is doing something!

If I can get pre-oxygen data that was stored off the oximeter I will do another "all-night" run and see if the SpO2 level is being maintained in the high 90's all night - if so I should definately feel a benefit although I really want the centrals to be controlled mechanically - as my OSA has been for over 20 years.   if I still need oxygen as well then so be it....

Many thanks for your suggestions anyway - if the data is lost or i cant download it i think the chance of measuring without oxygen has gone - I would be a fool not to use the oxygen now i have it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 70 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 642 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 232 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 287 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,022 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Uploading data from SD Card - That has DS1 and DS2 on it? Ptae4 6 1,233 06-26-2022, 01:04 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.