Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

use to drool but now YUK
use to drool but now YUK
new to CPAP, a little over week now. I came here lookinig for a solution to burping, I'll try some setting changes I found and also the chin to chest, but I also have had another problem I couldnt find mentioned before..

OK I admit it. I drool, or I use to, not much just a little or so I thought.. now its beyond drool..
So now with the CPAP, my mouth isnt open and I guess I'm not swallowing much because 2 times I have woken up when I opened my mouth and it was ( had been) FULL of saliva and of course it gushes out.. not just a little but a whole mouth full. it just builds up now..

Anyone have this issue or know of a solution?? Do they make Mouth Diapers?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: use to drool but now YUK
in the interest of gross-ness (so you know you're not completely alone) I'll tell you that I've awakened with my face covered by saliva due to air blowing it through lips at high pressure. luckily I was able to reduce pressure without compromising therapy, because it was the only solution I found.

pressure will cause aerophagia - burping - but it doesnt sound like pressure is related to your problem of not swallowing. unfortunately I have no good advice for you other than to somehow train yourself to swallow in sleep or just as you awaken. I think we're meant to generate less saliva in sleep so maybe avoid eating/drinking before bed? or the opposite, avoid hunger at bedtime.

this might be an occasion when "maybe it'll disappear as you get acclimated to cpap" actually applies.

let's hope someone else has a better solution for you...
Post Reply Post Reply
I too, tend to drool just a little, when I first gear up and go to bed. I tend to do that for an hour or two. But....as the night progresses, it stops.  Dont-know

I'm a mouth-breather and use a FFM. I end up with dry mouth but it doesn't bother me in the least.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, hopefully I'll just learn to swallow more often.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  drool hacks? ewags 2 895 02-25-2020, 02:17 PM
Last Post: ewags
  Drool Slick7533 3 2,054 11-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: retired_guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.