Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

used cpap
used cpap
Hi folks,
I was diagnosed with severe apnea a little over a year ago. My insurance deductible is $1200 per year, and without any other health issues (thank God) I'm buying a machine myself. I've been looking at used machines and have not been able to find a way to have the "set-up" done.
Any info would be appreciated.
Im looking at a ResMed S8 AutoSet Vantage System / ResMed HumidAire 3i unit that is very clean and has very few hours on it. Thanks
RE: used cpap
Hi bradk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The S8 is an older machine, and I think that one has a memory stick instead of the newer SD card; the memory stick card reader is kind of hard to find, if I'm not mistaken.
You might check with Supplier #2 here on the board as they have either gently-used or open-boxed machines for great prices. The suppliers list is at the top of each page on this board.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with machine shopping.
trish6hundred
google 'clinicians menu resmed s8 autoset' and you should find plenty to point you in the right direction Wink
Once you get pointed in the right direction, turn around and go the other way. You will be much better off finding a used S9 Autoset or Philips Resperonics Series 1 550 or 560 with heated humidifiers and data cards that are easily read in your computer, so you can monitor and adjust your therapy.
You've received advice and that's good.

However, solicitation to buy a CPAP device from other members, which is what it sounds like you are doing, is not allowed on this forum. We don't like it either, but we have to abide by the law.

-----
Moderator Action: Prescription-Required Item Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, prescription-required items are not allowed to be sold, traded or offered on our forums. Thanks for your understanding.
-----

This thread is closed.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Hi Bradk, Good on you for working to find a way to start your new sleepy therapy. I know you'll do well.

I too would recommend you try to find an S9 Autoset in your price range.

I checked "Craigslist" in my area and found a nearly new S9 Autoset with very low mileage at a nice price two blocks away from where I live. I didn't buy it, but I still might just so I have the backup. Try that before you commit to the S8.
Central apnea detection is one important difference between S8 Autoset and S9 Autoset
The S8 Autoset respond to snoring and flow limitation but cannot differentiate between obstructive and central apnea, so assumes any apnea at 10 or higher are central events and that results in no pressure increase. The S9 Autoset can differentiate between obstructive and central apnea and that results in lower AHI as the machine treat both obstructive and central apnea differently

As for used machines, Supplier #2 is recommended
If happened to be in Australia or outside US, both suppliers #2 and #10 ship overseas
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Machines choices wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.