Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data?
using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data?
Hello, 

I'm a newly registered member. 

I'm unable to use CPAP temporarily due to sinus problems, but I still hoped to keep an eye on my overnight oxygenation by importing from a vintage (OSCAR-compatible) CONTEC CMS50F to OSCAR. 

But I notice that the documentation for OSCAR instructs CMS50F users to:    "import your CPAP data [and then] select "Oximetry Wizard" "  

Does that mean I will need to import CPAP data or register a CPAP machine in OSCAR, in order to use the Oximetry Wizard to import from CMS50F? 

(Hopefully it doesn't mean that, since I don't have a CPAP or CPAP data currently. )

Thanks, 

Art
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data?
Art, Welcome

You can import just your CMS50 data without having xPAP data. That documentation needs to be updated.

You can also use the Contec "Smart Device Assistant" software, see this wiki page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_import
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data?
Thank you Jeff! That is terrific news. This will really help me keep a handle on what's going on. Art.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 806 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 151 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.