Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

visiting usa short tem rental - resmed S9
visiting usa short tem rental - resmed S9
My wife visits the USA (Atlanta) every 6 months for around 5 weeks at a time. She uses a Resmed S9 Autoset with H51 humidifier at home in Australia. To save carrying the whole kit on airlines & thru customs & security she'd like to rent the same unit in the U.S. each visit. A web search hasn't shown up many options, I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: visiting usa short tem rental - resmed S9
(10-11-2013, 07:21 AM)petercoota Wrote: My wife visits the USA (Atlanta) every 6 months for around 5 weeks at a time. She uses a Resmed S9 Autoset with H51 humidifier at home in Australia. To save carrying the whole kit on airlines & thru customs & security she'd like to rent the same unit in the U.S. each visit. A web search hasn't shown up many options, I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

I don't know of any DME that will rent a CPAP machine for 5 weeks as your wife needs. It would require a prescription and probably from a doctor in the states with the pressure settings. DME's usually only rent CPAP's when insurance company won't buy it outright until they see that the client is compliant in the use (a minimum of 4 hours each night).

My suggestion would be to buy a 2nd CPAP machine and leave it in the states so it is there when she comes to the states (provided she is coming to visit family). Check out the suppliers listed on this forum. She could buy one for less than what she would pay to ren the CPAP machine and humidifier

Hopefully, someone else may have a better solution for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
She could buy one here reasonable, then carry it back to Au and sell it outright without much trouble . They cost more in Au .
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi petercoota,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2013, 10:01 AM)knightlite Wrote: She could buy one here reasonable, then carry it back to Au and sell it outright without much trouble . They cost more in Au .

She would need a prescription to buy one in the states and she may even need a prescription from a doc in the states.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet would be contacting a DME in Atlanta and asking them if they do rentals for out-of-country visitors. You could contact one via email vs calling since it would be much cheaper. They may be able to do it but there will probably be hoops to jump through.

They rent out all sorts of medical equipment, I don't see why one wouldn't do a CPAP.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2013, 10:23 AM)me50 Wrote:
(10-11-2013, 10:01 AM)knightlite Wrote: She could buy one here reasonable, then carry it back to Au and sell it outright without much trouble . They cost more in Au .

She would need a prescription to buy one in the states and she may even need a prescription from a doc in the states.
Hi petercoota
Australian prescription is accepted but not sure if machine has to be delivered to an Australian address
Rental in US can be costly, better value to buy new or gently machine, masks and other supplies from US to avoid local rip-off prices
Suppliers #2 and #10 ship to Australia http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it be worthwhile to look at a "travel sized" machine...the S9 is a larger machine. A smaller unit might not have all the "bells and whistles" but would be more portable / practical for the back and forth. If her doctor gives her a copy of her prescription, I can't see a US DME not accepting it and purchasing a travel size CPAP would likely be cheaper in the US.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Transcend is an awesome machine, if it works as advertised, but the price is ridiculous. We looked into getting one for me for when the power goes out but it is about the same price to do a solar/battery set up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently purchased a new machine online from a US supplier and picked it up when I visited the US. The supplier allowed a prescription from my Singapore doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Short Duration Cpap Usage Myeung 3 492 06-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [split] Has Anyone Used Carecentrix? Airsense 11 Rental $1585 Richard32 7 1,008 01-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Richard32
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  cpap machine rental ajwees41 2 789 07-14-2022, 04:33 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Advice on buying rental CPAPS online fincy 2 704 06-21-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: SleepinAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.