Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

waking up bloated?
RE: waking up bloated?
EPR is exhale pressure relief. Your machine is capable of up to 3 cmH2O of pressure reduction during exhale by setting EPR to 3. You can use more EPR to lower pressure during exhale, but watch the effect on your AHI and how you feel. It may help, or not as this is considered a comfort setting, but really it is a lot like a limited bilevel machine in this regard.
[/quote]

Thank you. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
ok so I finally am back after 3 years, hahaha
ok so my wife's bloating comes when she's either
1) on her side
or
2) on her belly

If she's on her back she is totally fine. it's only when on her side usually, doesnt' sleep on her belly much but likes her side and that's where the problem lies.(literally)

The bloating is so bad that she has to take a gas pill to get some relief from the bloating.
So she can only use her APAP when on her back and takes it off when she wanted some side time.

any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new to cpap but as I mentioned in another thread on this subject, I get the aerophagia when I'm on my side too!  On my back doesn't seem to be a problem, unless my pressure is really high.  When the air starts going into my stomach it wakes me up and then I roll onto my back again.  Looks like I'm going to be a back sleeper from now on.  

I might try a soft cervical collar.  Or just continue on with this 'sleep on my back' training...
Post Reply Post Reply
I found I couldn't use the nasal pillows because I was just too much of a mouth breather so she  may want to try a soft chin strap to help keep her mouth shut when she is sleeping (I felt like someone was suffocating me so couldn't cope with that). I finally ended up going to a full face mask but actually use the one that only goes halfway up your nose so it isn't right on the bridge of my nose. I actually sleep on my sides mostly but sometimes sleep on my back. I tried a few different masks before I bought one though and find none are perfect LOL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 0 7 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 394 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 259 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 191 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 305 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.