Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

want to monitor sleep activity
want to monitor sleep activity
Hello everyone! I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in 2009. Sleep lab/study revealed at times I was going a minute or more with no breath. Used CPAP until I had maxillo facial jaw surgery to open airways. Surgery worked. This year apnea returned, nothing like before, but enough that I woke up exhausted and started using CPAP again.

How do I know if my CPAP machine will take the new memory card so I can monitor my sleep through SleepyHead or other software? The card I use now came with the machine and when I open it, I just get a code number. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: want to monitor sleep activity
(10-07-2012, 12:43 PM)Emma Wrote: How do I know if my CPAP machine will take the new memory card so I can monitor my sleep through SleepyHead or other software?
welcome to the forum .. Emma
the machine in your profile REMstar Plus C Flex
the Plus model is a brick Not data capable machine
doesn't tell you anything beside hours using the machine each night
you need either the Auto or Pro models
for now SleepyHead support PRS1 50 series Not 60 series machines

Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics Plus models are like Resmed's Escape models - no data collection other than compliance.

If you do not want to spend the money for another machine, you can get an oximeter from Supplier #19. That would enable you to view at least your nightly blood oxygen levels. Better than nothing!

If you want to buy a machine but are limited in budget, try Supplier #2. They sell 'gently used' and 'open box' machines.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Emma, First of all WELCOME! to the forum.! As far as your situation goes, What PaulaO2 said.!
If you're curious as to what a "Brick" is, that's a slang term we )in these circles,)use to describe a non-data capable machine. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help. I can't afford to buy a new machine and I'm certain my insurance wouldn't cover a 2nd one so I like the idea of a pulse oximeter. I'm looking at the CMS-50D Plus fingertip data recording pulse oximeter from Cooper Medical Products. #19 on the suplier link one of you gave me. It's the least expensive at $70 but I think that's all I need. Any suggestions?

I know my machine is helping as I wake up rested and only need to get up once during the night. I'm just curious to see the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a couple of iPhone apps that may be of interest to you. Most are to help you get/stay asleep, but a couple of others measure different sleep parameters. I don't have an iPhone or I would check them out. Good Luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2012, 04:15 PM)Emma Wrote: I know my machine is helping as I wake up rested and only need to get up once during the night. I'm just curious to see the data.
feeling rested is indication of good therapy
if were me I would put the $70 towards data capable machine

DS450 REMstar Pro CFLEX Machine $275 plus $50 for the humidifier
DS550 System One Auto AFLEX $349 plus $50 for the humidifier
if your machine look like the one in the picture ...you can use same humidifier and don,t need new one
[Image: System_One_Noheat.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Several of us have the CMS 50D Plus. Check out the review section for reviews of several pulse oximeters.

And I agree with Zonk. If you can hold onto that 70 and add to it, you'd have a better machine in a few months. SecondWind has used Respironics for way way cheap. Just confirm here that it is data capable. No Respironics with Plus in the name and no Resmed with Escape in the name.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2012, 05:34 PM)zonk Wrote: if your machine look like the one in the picture ...you can use same humidifier and don,t need new one
[Image: System_One_Noheat.jpg]
correction: providing its not the newer PRS1 60 series machine with the heated hose

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2012, 04:15 PM)Emma Wrote: Thanks for your help. I can't afford to buy a new machine and I'm certain my insurance wouldn't cover a 2nd one so I like the idea of a pulse oximeter. I'm looking at the CMS-50D Plus fingertip data recording pulse oximeter from Cooper Medical Products. #19 on the suplier link one of you gave me. It's the least expensive at $70 but I think that's all I need. Any suggestions?

I know my machine is helping as I wake up rested and only need to get up once during the night. I'm just curious to see the data.

You might also check out Craigslist for a used machine. Locally, I've seen the Respironics 550 System One Auto AFLEX with humidifier for as little as $150.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 1,782 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 586 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,309 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.