Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise from VPAP Auto 25 Revisited
Noise from VPAP Auto 25 Revisited
In my original post, I reported a rapidly repeating mechanical, percussive noise from my machine that came and seemingly randomly and was temporary in nature. No, it was not the furnace or an air compressor in the garage (don't have one).

I would like to thank the manufacturer for some great customer service. I talked to a customer service rep in their office in San Diego. She listened to my sad story and found someone in the service department to see if he could give me some help over the phone after she heard that my DME could not get the problem to repeat.

The service tech and I discussed a number of things and he felt that the problem was probably caused by one of the settings. He seemed to feel that it was probably in the Ti settings. my VPAP came to me from "you know who" DME with Ti max set at 4.0 s and Ti min set at 2.0 s. This is way outside of the normal settings based on the clinicians manual. Anyway the tech was not quite totally sure and said that he would email the info to one of their clinicians and have her call me. She called me this morning and told me to set the Ti max and Ti min back to their factory settings which are 2.0 and 0.3 respectively and that will fix the problem. I have made the adjustments and we will see tonight (I must be from the "show me" state).

I would like to thank my DME for some absolute stupidity for either making those idiotic settings or not noticing them when setting the machine up

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,273 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 143 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 357 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.