Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

water chamber
water chamber
I had washed my water chamber yesterday and after it was dry, I tried to put it back together and the 4 clamps would not close. It was like they were out of alignment with the pieces that the clamp attaches to. Fortunately, I had a spare chamber. It is frustrating because there is still a lot of use I could have gotten from the chamber.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: water chamber
Resmed makes two kinds of tanks. One can withstand high temperatures (I think can withstand a dish washer) the other can not. You probably warped the plastic cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 08:08 PM)c0reDump Wrote: Resmed makes two kinds of tanks. One can withstand high temperatures (I think can withstand a dish washer) the other can not. You probably warped the plastic cover.

No, it isn't warped at all. I didn't run it in the dishwasher. It was in the sink with soap and water and I washed it and the cushions and put it on a towel to dry. The top fits the bottom perfectly but the plastic clamps don't meet with the things that it is supposed to clamp with. I washed the chamber the same way I have for 3 years. Who knows?
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure top and bottom parts (middle part if using cleanable tank) are aligned and the 4 latches clamp pulled all the way to the top

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, yeah doesn't sound like you warped it then. I guess just check that all corners are seating inside the rim and push the tabs real hard? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 08:16 PM)zonk Wrote: Make sure top and bottom parts (middle part if using cleanable tank) are aligned and the 4 latches clamp pulled all the way to the top

it is a cleanable tank but there is only a top and bottom part and on the bottom part on the outside of it is the plastic with the 4 latch clamps that are not lining up with the part they clamp too.
Post Reply Post Reply
By "not lining up" do you mean that the plastic flaps aren't coming up high enough?

Sometimes it's a real bear to get that piece with the flaps pulled all the way up...the piece with the flaps actually has to be pulled up high enough so that the metal tub is nestled inside with a gap that the clear plastic piece can fit down into. I usually place my thumbs down into metal tub and push down while curling my finger tips to pry up on the bottom lips of the piece with the flaps working from alternating opposite sides and being careful not to pull up on the flaps...a new chamber can be so tight that you'll rip the flaps off before you can get the tub pushed all the way in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless they've go a new style cleanable tank there are four parts: metal tank, plastic tank collar with the latches / clamps, internal baffle with a yellow volume gauge and the clear plastic cover. The tank, internal baffle and cover all need to be correctly aligned together. That plastic collar with the clamps needs to be pushed right up against the lip of the tank. If it's dry it can be quite stiff - it feels like it's been pushed home but there's a couple of millimetres to go.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 08:21 PM)me50 Wrote:
(02-15-2014, 08:16 PM)zonk Wrote: Make sure top and bottom parts (middle part if using cleanable tank) are aligned and the 4 latches clamp pulled all the way to the top

it is a cleanable tank but there is only a top and bottom part and on the bottom part on the outside of it is the plastic with the 4 latch clamps that are not lining up with the part they clamp too.
Both tanks can be opened for cleaning
The cleanable tank has a stainless steel bottom and comes in 3 parts
The newish standard tank comes in two parts with aluminum bottom

Check illustration A and B (scroll down to the bottom for B)
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
I think she has the new standard chamber rather than the dishwasher safe chamber you are referring to. The new standard chamber is like the "cleanable" chamber minus the baffle and the tub is aluminum rather than steel. I thought the new standard chamber was the "cleanable" one too, because it comes apart so easily and is so different from the old standard tub (which takes an engineering degree from Purdue to take apart) until I got one of the "cleanable" steel ones with a baffle. I still prefer using the new style standard tub though...fewer pieces to clean and I use distilled water and never put them in the dishwasher anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.