Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what 2 or 3 ffm's to try next...
RE: what 2 or 3 ffm's to try next...
Thanks Paula. I remember seeing a video from him a couple of weeks ago, but had forgotten about him.

I ordered the hybrid for now. The only problem I foresee with this one, is if I am mouth leaking, my cheeks are going to swell out if pressurize my mouth. I like the idea of the minimal seal area though, and want this one to work... Smile

A full face mask might minimize that cheek swelling, with some pressure being applied on the outside too.

Leaning towards the forma next, if the hybrid doesn't work out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. If your mouth opens with the FFM? It's going to blow it open wider. Ever see the face of a sky diver when they open their mouth? That's what I feel like. The more I use it, the less extreme it feels, so perhaps it is a matter of getting used to it. I'll play with it some tonight. I've not had chapped lips in a long time.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Simplus or Fitlife. Nuff said for ffm. Most like simplus better just because of the look of the fitlife
Post Reply Post Reply
If cheek puffing is s problem it doesnt happen with a fitlife total face. Pressure is equaled over the entire face. They look huge but honestly are a very comfortable durable mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hoping if I can catch the mouth leak early (via the Hybrid applying pressure on both fronts - well front and back actually - regarding the tongue seal) that it won't be enough of a leak to cause puffing. We'll see what happens in actual practice...

I learned a couple of new things in the past day. One - as I start drying out, it gets harder to get and keep a seal - last night I drank a little water every time I woke up with a leak and dryness - and that helped (a little). The other thing I figured out, while sizing for other masks, is I got the wrong size for the Quattro Air that I used the first week. I got the medium and should have gotten the large. I might have printed the sizing guide with scaling on instead of original size, or I just misread it in my sleep deprived state while starting this process. So that probably helps explain why I had pain and leaks with the Air, which led me to convert to the P10 pillow.

This morning I started to simply order a large cushion for the Quattro Air, but also found out that the mask frame is a one-to-one size match to the cushion. While the F10 which uses the same cushion will use one mask frame for both medium and large, the Air does not. Since I already have two more masks coming (the Hybrid and the Forma) I am going to hold off on replacing the Quattro Air (for now). But that's still an option I would like to revisit at some point.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 11:44 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I've not had chapped lips in a long time.

Now that is something coconut oil definitely helps with... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross. Not happening.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.