Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what a difference a mask makes
what a difference a mask makes
I've been struggling with leaks above 30L/min every night with a Quattro FX with paycheck. This past weekend I tried a comfortgel blue ffm and things got worse.

Last night I used a Quattro ffm and my leaks are below 15L/ min.

Yippee

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what a difference a mask makes
(10-16-2012, 03:54 PM)Denial Dave Wrote: I've been struggling with leaks above 30L/min every night with a Quattro FX with paycheck. This past weekend I tried a comfortgel blue ffm and things got worse.

Last night I used a Quattro ffm and my leaks are below 15L/ min.

Yippee

Dave
congrats
finding the right mask for is the key to successful PAP therapy

Post Reply Post Reply
That should have been pad a cheek not paycheck. My spellcheck went haywire.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2012, 04:19 PM)Denial Dave Wrote: That should have been pad a cheek not paycheck.
whatever works best for YOU. waiting for my paycheck Too-funny
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjWZUNkiG1Ye0PRGs8eyc...X6TO8HbRwS]

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey there Denial Dave, Glad you found a mask that works for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great news, the right mask made all the difference for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
The comfortgel Blue is a really nice comfortable mask.... but a combination of my facial structure and the shape of the mask did not work for me at all.

My chin is setback at a bit & my higher bipap pressure of 21 inhalation / 15 exhalation probably didn't help.

The leaks would appear at the bridge of my nose.. I'd fix that one and then leaks at my chin would happen.

It was like the mask was using my cheekbone as a fulcrum & acting like a see saw on my face rocking back and forth... I could never find a setting that would work.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 229 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 980 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 566 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Full face mask makes mouth breathing possible? BonkerHonker 1 519 11-22-2023, 07:11 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,810 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.