Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what are acceptable leak pressures
what are acceptable leak pressures
I use an airsense 10 cpap which is on autopressure and I have a 15 minute ramp. I also use nasal pillows. Swift FX

I ran a 60 day compliance report today using resmed software. usage of 90%.

the leakage pressures are as follows:

median = 0
95% = 12
Max=27

Does a median pressure of 0 indicate that I have NO leakage? And what are deemed to be acceptable numbers for the 95% and max pressures?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what are acceptable leak pressures
ckingzzzs, for best results the 95% needs to be below 24L and yours looks ok, the other thing to measure is how you feel vs pre CPAP, hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what are acceptable leak pressures
(09-10-2015, 10:37 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote: Does a median pressure of 0 indicate that I have NO leakage? And what are deemed to be acceptable numbers for the 95% and max pressures?
Yes, but only for 50% of the night
95% 12 L/m means leak was at or below 12 L/m for 95% of the night
Excellent results ... treat yourself with something nice

ResMed machines report unintentional leak, Respironcis users don't see zero leak, not even in their dreams Smile

24 L/m considered acceptable but not the end of the world if goes a bit over ... might be when adjusting the mask, leaving the machine on for bathroom break, or a bit of mouth leak. Chinstrap can helps with mouth leaks

Edit: As for acceptable pressure ... there is no such thing, everyone needs is different, someone might only need pressure 7 and someone else might need pressure 20. See if you can edit the thread and delete the word "pressures" from the title or maybe Admin or one of the sleepless Mods or monitors might do it Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 7 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 239 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.