Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what does switching from nasal to mouth breathing with a full face mask look like?
what does switching from nasal to mouth breathing with a full face mask look like?
Hey, starting a new thread because I am seeing something very interesting going on.

Is this what the transition from nasal to mouth breathing looks like when you are using a full face mask?  Or is it an actual leak?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what does switching from nasal to mouth breathing with a full face mask look like?
Yes I am trying the other way from a full face mask toa  nasal mask and keeping my mouth shut
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what does switching from nasal to mouth breathing with a full face mask look like?
Mine looks like this.

Seems perhaps better to have kept this in your main thread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...f-together
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what category the leak in the graph represents. However, since your overall large leak is zero, it probably isn't a big deal either way. Have you gained feeling better for the therapy? Since your numbers are good, focus on getting the best feel for the effort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2019, 06:02 AM)slowriter Wrote: Mine looks like this.

Disregard: I misread your question.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is set to release the same amount of air through the vent and push the same amount of air into the mask. So I would assume there would be little to no difference between breathing through the nose or breathing through the mouth. You breathe in the same amount of air either way.

A LEAK is when there is more air going out than is allowed via the vent. You tell your machine "I am wearing a full face mask." And it says "then x amount of air will be vented with that type of mask." When the x goes over that, the machine registers a leak.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,102 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 28 4 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 366 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.