Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what is this in expiratory cycle?
what is this in expiratory cycle?
I can not understand what this means? is that expiratory flow limit?
my settings are
p30i
vauto
EPAP: 7.8
P.S: 1.4
IPAP: 10
Trigger : high
Cycle: very High
Ti max: 3s
Timin: 0.6s

happy holidays!
RE: what is this in expiratory cycle?
Your very high cycle setting is probably creating instability by dropping from IPAP to EPAP prematurely. I can only guess why you are seeing this, but your settings are not very logical, and this seems to have appeared coincident with that change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I thik I was writing in a previous post the cycle/trigger variants I tried, well if i change cycle to high instead of very high or medium, i get a sudden inhale spasm on sleep-onset, i do feel the premature drop but that is the only way i do not get the sudden inhale spasm when I'm falling asleep, i think i do have a neurological problem for my autonomous nervous system 

what would be a logical settings from your point of view seeing the screenshots?
You have many threads where you discuss various aspects of your therapy. That is the reason we like members to keep things like this together. My comment is that this phenomenon has not been characteristic of your therapy. What changed?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Sorry about that feel free to combine the posts.
The answer to your question is I changed mask to nasal pillow and I could tolerate little higher pressure than before and have not seen these flow limitations in expiration before
Is it possible that you could use the next larger size pillows? It occurs to me that if the cones of the pillows inside or just outside you nose are a little small they could be interfering with the outflow...

Just a thought; I'm not sure how you could check unless you had a fit pack to select from.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I reviewed my whole past year in which i was using Smode with IPAP/EPAP 11.6 to 12 with F30 FFM, i could notice that pressure increase was not still effective, leaks were the biggest problems where events were more obvious.

I kept reading the forum about PS vs EPAP Bilevel threads, so I decided to restart from fresh using the P30i pillow mask, As you can see from screenshots I started EPAP 6, PS 3 and left IPAP open to 14.

As you can see 95% epap was at 7 and PS 3. but I'm not sure how to deal with these expiratory flow limitations. As I mentioned in previous threads, i have a nervous spasms from the machine so trigger needs to be high and Cycle very high other wise i get a sudden inhale while falling asleep. You can see these sudden inhales through the flow graph they happen with EVERY combination every pressure, why do I need the machine? bc If I do not , i'll wake up as soon as i'm falling asleep, so with all the trials and meds i'm taking, it seems that those sudden inhales don't wake me up when it is just one breath.

Should i continue like that for few more days? should i update EPAP to the 95% (7) or try increasing PS 0.5 to 3.5 ?

note: I can't tolerate epap higher than 8 as i would get the chipmunks cheeks, due to surgeries and tongue partially cut and displaced there is no trainings i can do to keep my tongue at the roof of mouth, the only way to increase EPAP > 8 is to use FFM which i have not been lucky with leaks ( tried many FFM masks, padacheeck, etc) I also tape my mouth as my jaw drops automatically when i'm asleep.

Hope you can have better insight to give me some guidance of this restart.
still trying, can anyone tell me what can be done with this airflow leading to arousal? should i increase epap and reduce airflow?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 489 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Importance of Spont Cycle % SingleH 10 638 01-14-2024, 09:24 AM
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Expiratory flow limitations? Michael2 25 1,507 08-16-2023, 08:14 AM
Video Little deep sleep based on sleep cycle Mouchet 3 1,395 04-02-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResMed AirCurve Trigger/Cycle brainf0g 17 8,214 02-20-2023, 01:21 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.