Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what is your percentage of days of ahi 5 or greater?
RE: what is your percentage of days of ahi 5 or greater?
CPAP Usage
Days Used: 526 - Data actually only goes back to Mid June last year.
Low Use Days: 10
Compliance: 98.1%
Days AHI of 5 or greater: 269

Since I discovered Sleepyhead on March 1'st, I have managed to get the AHI down to a constant 3-5 typically. Took a month of tweaking to get here. Next step is I am waiting on a new AirCurve 10 Vauto BIPAP machine. DME approved and doctor approved. Just waiting for BlueCross to sign off. I think I went at least the last 5 years, based off of how I felt, with an AHI > 5 easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
129 days of use and 1 day over 5, which is the day I went from the bed to a Lazy-Boy chair.
Post Reply Post Reply
Five years of use. Maybe 25 nights over 5.0 and most of them were when I tried to sleep in a recliner.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2018, 09:05 PM)sheepless Wrote: Thinking-about in the right side 'navigation' panel, under 'records', sleepyhead tells me...

Where are these 'records' of which you speak?

AH!! Found it! had to drag the window in from the right edge to uncover the nav panel.

45 days AHI > 5 out of 267 days (17%). Average 2.2 over the last 30 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Over the last year, I have probably had about 4 or 5 nights where I exceed 5 AHI's.  My overall average is 1.9 AHI per night.  I would like to get it below 1, but that seems very hard to do.  I rarely have a night where the AHI is below 1. I keep tinkering with the settings, but nothing changes my outcome. I have come to the conclusion that around 2 AHI is probably my set point.  

This is really a good topic to discuss.  I have often thought that my 1.9 AHI was on the high side of what most CPAP users achieve.  It's comforting to know that I am perhaps about average in my results.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may have the high score.

Days Used: 577
Days AHI of 5 or greater: 503

~87% of my nights are above 5.

Worst night AHI was 38.59.

I suppose it's an improvement over my original sleep study (untreated was something around 72 AHI), but far from treated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2018, 09:05 PM)sheepless Wrote: I'm curious how that compares to others', if you're willing to share.

You're doing better than me ... I'm at 88%. Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to advice from this forum I haven't had and AHI over 2 in 18 months.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Been on CPAP 9 months. I was 15-20 AHI every single night, even with 13-20cm auto pressure.

Then I had minor surgery to open my airway, and I'm down to 'only' 10 AHI average every night (pressure currently 11-15cm).

I have more surgery soon, and hopefully AHI will decrease more.
Post Reply Post Reply
In 4 years of use, I had 2 days with a real bad cold where it shot up to 28. I upped the pressure by 1cm until the cold was over. It dialed the ahi down below 5.

Other than that, my AHI has averaged around 0.7 and never exceed 2.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 68 9 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,220 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 133 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 209 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 461 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 367 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.