Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: what is your worst PAP complaint?
This poll is closed.
Insomnia
10.71%
3 10.71%
Panic attack
0%
0 0%
Sores and rashes
3.57%
1 3.57%
Allergy-type symptoms
3.57%
1 3.57%
Pressure
3.57%
1 3.57%
Leaks
42.86%
12 42.86%
Mask dislodgment
14.29%
4 14.29%
Strangulation
0%
0 0%
Power failure
0%
0 0%
Other
21.43%
6 21.43%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

what is your worst PAP complaint?
what is your worst PAP complaint?
Here are some of the complaints, please vote and tell us your biggest bugbear

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what is your worst PAP complaint?
You forgot AEROPHAGIA. As bad as my CPAP-insomnia is, AEROPHAGIA is my worst complaint and it deserves better than to be lost in the "other" category since it is a common problem ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally I would say leaks, but last night my mask got dislodged and the bottom ended up basically in my mouth. The inside of my mouth under my bottom lip is still sore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes my mask moves around a bit but other than that, I don't have any complaints.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks are my number one complaint, but if I try to use nasal pillows or anything that goes into the nostrils I quickly develope sores.
Next would be mask movement which is handled nicely by SleepWeaver masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2013, 07:17 AM)robysue Wrote: You forgot AEROPHAGIA.
Sorry, it was on my list, just could not find the right spelling so decided on "swallowing air" instead but for some reason been left out and polls cannot be edited. Blame it on "Murphy law" ... " anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

For me, beside congestion .... waking up with headache is the worst complaint, does not happen very often but just got waken up with one (4. 10) took 2 tablets of paracetomal and cup of tea. One of the nostril feel blocked> I've to do more reading about nasal cycle

Edit: Slept 4.7 hours and AHI 0.0, now 4.50 and going try to get some more sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
If voting "Other" ... please write something so we know the complaint (as robysue did) ... write anyway
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks would get my vote if I were having problems with them. I cannot tolerate a leak at the mask. But, I have found the right mask for me; and I cinch it down.

My beef with XPAP right now is: It seems like it isn't helping me anymore.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2013, 04:37 PM)justMongo Wrote: Leaks would get my vote if I were having problems with them. I cannot tolerate a leak at the mask. But, I have found the right mask for me; and I cinch it down.

My beef with XPAP right now is: It seems like it isn't helping me anymore.

VPAP not helping you anymore is about as scary as CPAP not helping me get some uninterrupted sleep and feeling refreshed during the day. I have to take a nap every day that I can and the only thing that keeps me from it is dr. appointments. I try to make them in the morning b/c I am concerned about driving in the afternoon if I haven't slept before I go.

Would be interested to know what is happening to you to make you feel as though VPAP isn't helping you anymore.

Also, while I am at it, I am curious, were you on CPAP before you went to BIPAP and if so what was your pressure and what caused you to go to BIPAP?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My "other" is a mask that fits fine one night, then doesn't seem to fit at all the next (i.e. many leaks, riding up from my chin into my mouth, etc.).

When that happens I switch to my backup mask for a few days, then go back and all's well again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 453 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,803 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 575 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Took a turn for the worst. Please help with OSCAR Charts LBTRS 14 1,624 06-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Worst Night Ever bruce46219 7 1,048 11-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bruce46219
  Complaint about supplier mainemandean 10 1,987 11-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: mainemandean
  Looks like I got the WORST DME in history Broomstick 11 2,421 10-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: snorenomore0305

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.